btw if you select other then please leave a comment with the instrument

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because he likes to crap on people and make them not want to even bother anymore.

I choose guitar. With a guitar, you can actually create a tune. You can do that with the keyboard too, but those are for peeps who were forced to take classes in school and didn't have guitar as an option.

As far as drums.....those are for peeps who can keep a beat. That's actually harder than you might think, but you will NEVER create a tune just by playing the drums.....oh wait, there's that lame rap music garbage now, so I guess you CAN create (what they call) music just by making loud thumping drum beats.....whatever....they CALL that music, but I don't.

Bass is just for peeps that can't play a real guitar well enough, but would like to, so they play bass.

Only people like Trans-Siberian Orchestra can make the "other" stuff work....at least as far as I'm concerned anyway.

Yeah, that's my assessment of the whole situation. Bite me if you don't like it.
nyanya.gif
The truth hurts, don't it?

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i play guitar so that's why i put it first, it's the first instrument that pops in my when i think the word instrument because of this

btw JPH touches McLovin' in the showers

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I play the piano but I want to learn guitar.
I think it's the best instrument because, well, you can carry a guitar around (unlike a keyboard/piano), play with friends, sing while playing...
there are also many different types of guitars, you can even form a rock band with guitarists only... okay without drums it would suck but still!

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
there is no BEST instrument.
there is something BEST FOR YOU.

so mine are Keyboard (electronic), Guitars, Harmonica, some drums.
i even found joy in playing Bass guitar.

but mainly i play with my laptop (for elektronik) and electric guitar.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Drums. They are just awesome. Lars Ulrich, John Bonham, Steven Adler,Matt Sorum and Vinnie Paul are all excellent drummers IMHO
smile.gif

Bourbanog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What's with all the instrument hate? Of course I'll vote guitar.. But every instrument has it's good points and bad ones.

'cept the Kazoo. That thing just sucks.
wink.gif

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
hard one... i like my guitar, because try bringing a piano or a set of drums down to the beach ;-)

also i like my blues harp, because its even more portable.

but i also like all the other instruments.

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on what you'd like to do with it. If you want to compose, I'd say keyboard is the way to go.

You can easily record all different voicings and instruments into a track. Even though most keyboards can't produce the sound the actual instruments make, it's still great to give people an idea of what you want to achieve with it.

Also I'd like to point out something a different user said:
"think it's the best instrument because, well, you can carry a guitar around (unlike a keyboard/piano), play with friends, sing while playing..."

You can do all these with most instruments, so I can't see why that would be a reason to pick an instrument.

However, it's depends a lot on what you want to do with it, for example, the number one instrument to rock with is a guitar. You can't really rock while playing on a keyboard. Well, some people try, but most of the times it just looks out of place and really odd
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free