• Total voters

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
seems you've all confirmed my suspicions no one likes bass, at all and if they do they're too afraid to admit it for fear of being laughed at.
c'mon prove me wrong all you bass lovers

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bass what? Guitar? Or the huge violin thing?

I picked drums. Because after trying out a LOT of instruments, I found drums the funnest to play.

Guitar is cool too, it just isn't the instrument for me.

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
If bass sucked so hard, why is there one in about 90% of pretty much any kind of music group?
There are some bass songs that require skill just like theres guitar songs that ANYONE can play. Dissing an instrument is just stupid, there no such thing as the "best" instrument.

I've been playing piano for over 6 or 7 years and guitar for about a year or so, maybe a year and a half and I don't have preference.
Each instrument can have pros and cons to you personally and you can consider them to be easier or harder to learn: For example, I think piano is harder than guitar because you have to take into account using each hand properly since a piano song can have many melodies when guitar tends to have just one, the pedals, etc. but with guitar it's easier for me to throw up a few chords and make a short song without having to make a concrete melody, while someone else can have exact opposite thoughts on that.

A friend from the conservatory told me just yesterday: "How can you play the piano? It must be so hard to coordinate your hands properly" and I was "Well playing violin without going out of tune must be hard too since theres no frets"
Playing each instruments has its pros and cons, I can read in bass clef fluidly and can separate voices properly, but a violinist might have an easier time at identifying melodies.

Rulza

Trophies
XP
Country
Drums!
I've played drums 4 years
biggrin.gif

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
let me clarify i didn't mean bass as in the big upright thing i meant bass guitar the four stringed thingo

pimpyT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Caught between the guitar and the keyboard, and then I remembered: THE KEYTAR.
The Keyboard, that's held like a guitar and used in so many 80s bands!

e.jpg

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
I came into this poll thinking that it would contain actual instruments.

And my favourite "instrument that could be used in a band-type" situation would be the Theremin, followed by the guitar.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I choose guitar. With a guitar, you can actually create a tune. You can do that with the keyboard too, but those are for peeps who were forced to take classes in school and didn't have guitar as an option.

As far as drums.....those are for peeps who can keep a beat. That's actually harder than you might think, but you will NEVER create a tune just by playing the drums.....oh wait, there's that lame rap music garbage now, so I guess you CAN create (what they call) music just by making loud thumping drum beats.....whatever....they CALL that music, but I don't.

Bass is just for peeps that can't play a real guitar well enough, but would like to, so they play bass.

Only people like Trans-Siberian Orchestra can make the "other" stuff work....at least as far as I'm concerned anyway.

Yeah, that's my assessment of the whole situation. Bite me if you don't like it.Â
nyanya.gif
 The truth hurts, don't it?

Ignorance. Pure, simple, ignorance.

1.Guitar requires as much rhythm as drums. If you have no rhythm you may as well sell your guitar and give up right now because you clearly are about as talented as a 4 year old with a kleenex box and rubber bands. Without rhythm there is not music. It would just be boring, uninteresting, arbitrary tones no one would be interested in.

2.I play keyboards AND guitar. I am self-taught in both of them. You don't need lessons to play the keyboards, only real musicianship and dedication. Of course, this is something useless hobbyists who think they are true musicians for being able to play guitar lack. Get over yourself.

3.You also clearly have no idea how drums work. a) Rap and hip-hop do NOT use drum kits. They use drum machines, synthesizers, and samplers. b) Drums are tuned just like every other instrument. Listen to a talented timpani player or a real drummer like Roger Taylor or Ian Paice and tell me you can't create a tune with drums.

4.You also have no idea how you play the bass. Playing bass and guitar are COMPLETELY different. Go learn how to slap and thump. If you are so great at guitar then you must automatically know how to do these, right? I know plenty of people how play the bass and the guitar and they prefer the bass by far.

Your post was loaded with nothing but ignorance and complete fail. I've never encountered a human being who knew so little about music and had the nerve to act like a musician. Grow up and get a life. You may learn something. [/off-topic]

My personal preference is Hammond Organ. It is almost completely different from any other keyboard playing since there are pedals, drawbars, percussion, Leslie switching, and other little things about it making the possibilities absolutely endless. Plus, since the classic Hammond tone wheel organs were hand-built, every organ sounds different. Find an instrument that offers the same possibilities as a Hammond Organ and I'll personally track it down and learn how to play that as well. Of course the learning curve is pretty steep, but it is well worth it. I also like guitar as it is also very versatile and MUCH more portable than a 450 pound console Hammond.

If I could have one instrument right now it would have to be either a keytar or a Chapman Stick. It's kind of funny because I was just looking at the Williams V2 Keytar right before I noticed this thread. XD Theremin's are really cool too. I may build one for a physic's project when we get to the physics of music.

EDIT: French horns sound really epic too.
happy.gif

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no BEST of anything. Since "best" refers to your persona; opinion.
smile.gif

I prefer my 15 year old drumset over a famous Bob Marley guitar.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no BEST of anything. Since "best" refers to your persona; opinion.
smile.gif

I prefer my 15 year old drumset over a famous Bob Marley guitar.

That is what the point of this topic is: What is the best instrument IYHO, AKA What is your favorite instrument. How about we don't criticize the wording of the topic and actually discuss musical instruments, hm?
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1