What is the best instrument set to buy for Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by LexLuthor, Dec 26, 2009.

Dec 26, 2009
  1. LexLuthor
    OP

Member LexLuthor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I want to buy an instrument set for the Wii.
    I have access to all the music games.
    What would you say is the best in terms of compatibility and content.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. LexLuthor
    OP

United Kingdom
    Also perhaps take into consideration things like hacked versions.
    Im leaning towards getting the Rockband set but I hear that GH has some good hacked content. Is this true is it actually worthwhile?

I really haven't explored this stuff at all.

3. Fedex14

Member Fedex14 GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    get the GH5 one, it is compatible with both RB and GH in all their versions (except for RB1).

This if I'm not mistaken, which I believe I'm not

4. quepaso

Member quepaso GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Band Hero has the best guitar and drums for the wii. Mics are all the same. Rock Band 1 and older track packs do not work with them but everything else does. Just use Rock Band 2 + RawkSD and you can have all your songs in a single game.

5. DVS

Newcomer DVS Advanced Member

United States
    The Guitar Hero or Band Hero instruments is the most compatible with all games except the original Rockband (Rockband 1). Check this guide if you don't trust me. www.rockband.com/compatibility

6. LexLuthor
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the advice guys!
    In the end I was able to pick up the Rock Band Instruments pretty cheap!
    Thank you Christmas sales.

I couldnt find a Wii Mic though.. but turns out the Xbox Rockband mic works just fine on Wii so meh.

7. DVS

United States
    But the Rockband instruments will not work on any Guitar Hero and Band Hero games. So you can only play Rockband 1 & 2 and Beatles/Lego Rockband. Oh well. Have fun!

8. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    This should be moved to Hardware and Devices, FYI.

Anyway, sorta hijacking the thread, I'm wondering what's the cheapest band set to buy that works. I've long since wanted an instrument set but the money hasn't been all too great. I don't care if they're third party, as well as they're accurate and durable. Suggestions?

9. X D D X

Member X D D X GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    Rock Band 1 sets seem to be quite cheap these days. You can buy them without the Rock Band game which is cheaper I guess.

10. DVS

United States
    Like I said before the Guitar Hero instruments will work on all games except Rockband 1(original rockband). The best buy is the Guitar Hero World Tour Band set which includes the game,drums,guitar, and microphone. The game that comes with the set you should just sell it for like $15 on craigslist like I did. I bought the Guitar Hero World Tour set at amazon for $99 with free shipping 1 month ago. But now the price has gone up. Guitar Hero instruments has the best compatibility with all the games except the original Rockband.

11. melodical

Member melodical GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Merry christmas all!

By any chance is anyone on 4.1e without cioscorp and managed to play the value band set instruments using the wii disc loader. By this i mean using the official disc that came with the vale beatles band set.

I have no problem loading the games through neogamma, hermes 222 and waninkoko's 249 Cios 38rev14 (4.1e) via usb loader cfg). The only prob is with SYNCHING the RB1 guitar,mic and drums to work work Rockband titled games. The synching problem happens with usb loaders, the original disk fails to load.

My friend just bought this for christmas for his kids and cant get the instruments to synch with any games. I've tried his instruments on my wii (i modded both the same) and they work fine?

Any ideas?

Anyone else have the beatles vlaue rockband set (including full band) and got them to synchronize ok?
    If so how?

Does installing ios56 fix the problem?

Is ios56 region specific?

[​IMG]

12. melodical

Member melodical GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Rockband Beatles value edition (with rb1 instruments) has been very cheap lately especially in uk!

I got this game working on a pal 4.1e modded to 4.2e using the guide below. I had bootmii as boot2 and a nand backup so i could be a little more cautious about proceeding with the next steps:

Used the 'Modify any Wii 4.2 & below' , aka the simplistic mod (Modify any Wii 4.2 & below - GBAtemp.net) guide to remodify/upgrade my mates wii from 4.1e - 4.2e and fixed his Rockband the Beatles (rockband 1 instruments1) synching probs with his guitar,drums & mic & my les gh3 guitar! Rock on. He can now also sychronize his instruments using RB1,RB2,and certain GH titles especially newest ones!

used usb loader cfg (latest version) to load it with eaither 222,222mload or 223mload (not 249 & no ios reload is necessary!)

I had previously read about different methods to fixing my mates wii problem with RB1 instruments with installing other things but this guide seemed to sort the problem out in the end without using softchip or using multicios installer & wad manager or installing ios56 (for disc loading) etc or messing about to much. I have used the guide and now i now i am up to date with nintendo's system menu version (4.2) and dont have to worry for a while and chill out until the next major wii update.

13. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    I hate people who speak without knowledge. (No offense, a lot of people repeat this information.)

The Rock Band instruments can be used on any Guitar Hero game GH5+ (so only Band Hero and GH5 right now. GHVH doesn't count as it was delayed from August and thus uses an older engine.)

14. DVS

United States
    Dam, I thought the information on the link I provided was valid. Compatibility. Do you know of any better compatibility list, as I know it would help alot of people. And yes, as my daughter said to me, "You Got Served!"

15. mayhem366

Member mayhem366 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I would advise on the RB2 set as it is just fricking awesome. No it won't work in Guitar Hero but like previously mentioned, Rawk SD is an amazing application.
    The swinger for the RB2 is the fact that cymbals can be added, GHWT drum set = 2 drums, 2 cymbals and 1 bass or something. RB2 = 4 drums, 1 bass as stock, ability to add 3 cymbals.
    Great for using it as an electronic drum kit on your pc.