Homebrew what is the best homebrew to read .txt books?

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moonshell works great for reading txt files. Theres also a progarm called ds reader I think which is supposed to be good. Personally reading books off a screen hurts my eyes so I don't read txt files that much. personally I prefer audio books which moonshell can also play.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used DSreader to begin with... but being able to play MP3's while reading is what made moonshell my choice.

cura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is there any way to convert doc (or other) files to txt without losing ALL the formatting? I used Word to do this and it resulted in no spaces between paragraphs and some symbols being represented by boxes (not really exotic symbols, just ones like " or - ). Or alternatively a DS reader that will read docs?

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cura said:
is there any way to convert doc (or other) files to txt without losing ALL the formatting? I used Word to do this and it resulted in no spaces between paragraphs and some symbols being represented by boxes (not really exotic symbols, just ones like " or - ). Or alternatively a DS reader that will read docs?

Yes, you have to look for it tho google it most are programs you need to buy.
I have one but i lost the link to where i found it.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The TXT file format is simply pure text, no formatting other than perhaps tabs. What happens if you select all the text in your word document and copy and paste it into Notepad? Do you still get the weird symbols?

For reading .txt files on my DS I prefer DSReader. Using the Arial font at size 10, white text on black background, with heavy subpixel anti-aliasing, it's very readable despite the occasional repeated word. I wasn't aware Moonshell could play MP3 files while reading text, as I haven't tried the 2.0 versions, but if that's true then you may wish to look into that as a possible option as well.

cura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
will try open office thx
smile.gif

I tried copy pasting into notepad ... didn't check the symbols actually but the para spaces aren't there which are more of a hassle to change.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night