ROM Hack What is the best Heartgold translation in your opinion?

lukeman3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello; having just come onto the Heartgold translation/patching scene, there's a lot of information out there that I'm having trouble getting straight in my head.

First of all, do I need to apply an anti-piracy patch in addition to a translation patch, or do most translation patches include anti-piracy patches?

What is the best patch, or combination of patches for heartgold? I was looking at Magnius' translation, although it's not clear to me if it includes an anti-piracy patch or not. I was also looking at one done by Kazowar, as it seems good as well.

As far as I could tell, Magnius' translation did not make any mention of an anti-piracy patch, so am I to assume that I need to patch it AGAIN after patching it with the translation patch? The reason being is because Magnius' asks for a clean, unpatched ROM..

If someone could clear this up for me it would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I am running AKAIO 1.5.1 on my acekard 2i. Is it possible that I don't need an anti-piracy patch?

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The official Nintendo one.

I win.

Oh and if you really can't wait I'd recommend looking for one that combines the patches. Even with that though a good chunk of the storyline will be in Japanese. And most of them will include anti-anti-piracy patches courtesy of the creators. If you find that it's not working... Apply it yourself.

EDIT for your edit: AKAIO doesn't need a patched version. It's that cool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte