What is the best Heartgold translation in your opinion?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by lukeman3000, Jan 8, 2010.

1. lukeman3000

Newcomer lukeman3000 Newbie

Jan 8, 2010
    United States
    Hello; having just come onto the Heartgold translation/patching scene, there's a lot of information out there that I'm having trouble getting straight in my head.

First of all, do I need to apply an anti-piracy patch in addition to a translation patch, or do most translation patches include anti-piracy patches?

What is the best patch, or combination of patches for heartgold? I was looking at Magnius' translation, although it's not clear to me if it includes an anti-piracy patch or not. I was also looking at one done by Kazowar, as it seems good as well.

As far as I could tell, Magnius' translation did not make any mention of an anti-piracy patch, so am I to assume that I need to patch it AGAIN after patching it with the translation patch? The reason being is because Magnius' asks for a clean, unpatched ROM..

If someone could clear this up for me it would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I am running AKAIO 1.5.1 on my acekard 2i. Is it possible that I don't need an anti-piracy patch?
  2. Poryhack

Member Poryhack GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2009
    United States
    The official Nintendo one.

I win.

Oh and if you really can't wait I'd recommend looking for one that combines the patches. Even with that though a good chunk of the storyline will be in Japanese. And most of them will include anti-anti-piracy patches courtesy of the creators. If you find that it's not working... Apply it yourself.

EDIT for your edit: AKAIO doesn't need a patched version. It's that cool.
  3. shlong

Member shlong in memoriam of gravitas

Jun 18, 2009
    Charlotte's maze
    hWhat Pory said.
    However...if you want to play the game in rough tralnslation...xxlancexx's patch is probs the way to go.