Gaming What is the Best GeForce 8600 card?

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!! I just finished Half Life 2 (best game ever) and went to play episode 1. Just as I was playing I got bitch slaped by jerkyness. I found thies busted computers in my mom's office and they let me keep them so I decided to bring them home. I took them apart and the only thing I could harvest was the video cards (RAM was to big) I went to CSS's stress test and shockinly found out it barly went up by about .15 FPS. I was sad to find out I went to all that trouble for nothing.

I'm beging now, I NEED A CARD NNNNNNNOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!! First off, I just bought my mom and grandma a birthday present on the 6th(birthday) so I only 75 bucks. I don't care if one card is beter than another card if I install a PSU. I don't have enough money for a PSU and a good video card so don't be bitching. I'll probaly just get the 8600 or a 9500, I tryed playing COD 4 (friend's) on my comp and it was so jerky I couldn't play so I think I'll just get the 8600 cus they say it works ok with it. I don't really want these games for their grafics (probaly put it on low for everything) I just want them cus they got good reviews and say thay they're good.

Please, I need a card now. I can't live without my half life
cry.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, listen

if you do not have a lot of money then computer gaming is not recommended
though mainly everybody has a next gen system these days so you might want to consider it...
that way its a one time deal one hardware

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Upgrading a computer seems cheaper then buying a new game system depending on how much you have to upgrade. And its alot easier to pirate, no burning DVDs/CDs or anything of that sort.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea thats the thing also
DVD-DL are expensive for 360, ps3 hasnt been hacked yet, and non of these "games" are on the wii

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diablo1123 said:
its alot easier to pirate, no burning DVDs/CDs or anything of that sort.

What do you mean, a lot of the pirated games make you have to burn to a disk or at least mount them. Some come with just the .exe but usually you need a registration key and/or crack.

QUOTE(Joe88 @ Oct 7 2008, 06:10 AM) alright, listen

if you do not have a lot of money then computer gaming is not recommended
though mainly everybody has a next gen system these days so you might want to consider it...
that way its a one time deal one hardware

Well, I don't really like any of the current gen consoles. The only one I'll lean to is the Wii. I was thinking about the 360 but ether way, All of the consoles are like 300 bucks. I already have the PS2 and I think that's all the console gaming I need, sux that nothing's being released for it.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Licardo7 said:
Diablo1123 said:
its alot easier to pirate, no burning DVDs/CDs or anything of that sort.

What do you mean, a lot of the pirated games make you have to burn to a disk or at least mount them. Some come with just the .exe but usually you need a registration key and/or crack.
Mounting is easy, and cracks are easy to find too.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PC Gaming is really like a passion more than a pasttime...no matter what you buy...you're going to be upgrading the next year...I'm already feeling the age of my 8800GT.

I tried to SLI them but it wound up sounding like a vacuum cleaner...can't have quiet and power in the same box unless you want to go water cooled or aftermarket.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end