What is the best games by firmware list and is there any way for us to pre-determine whether something will be 9.0.0 compatible?

dude1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As the title asks, What is the best games by firmware list and is there any way for us to pre-determine whether something will be 9.0.0 compatible?

Looking at firmware release dates 9.0.3 came out December 1 so it’s only a matter of time till games require it, but for example I see that dying light two is 9.0.0 compatible, The explanation I read elsewhere is that it was compiled with 8.50 SDK, that works with anything 8.50 and above.
i’m assuming we will only know what games are using what SDK once someone tries to rip them correct? Or are there historical trends on Sony’s part where we can estimate when they might flip over to An incompatible higher than 9.0.0 firmware requirement.?

I see there’s a few games coming out in the next month or two that I’m assuming Sony will want to prevent from working on 9.0.0 such as horizon 2: sequel whose name I cannot remember, Elden ring, sifu etc.

Anyway I ask because I would’ve thought two months in a couple days would’ve been enough for them to use an SDK that would screw over jailbreakers but dying light shows if that’s not the case And most of the game lists I found don’t list games past mid last year so I don’t think a lot of people are keeping them up-to-date or I’m just looking at the wrong lists.

thanks

Last edited by dude1,
Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://defaultdnb.github.io/

I keep this updated regularly as it doesn’t take too long to do in my busy schedule.

The games by date thing is a good idea and was pretty much working until the pandemic.. reason being old SDKs being used to compile games after a lengthy delay or two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse