Hacking What is the best flashcart OS?

Hebon

Dabbling in the videogamagical
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you believe is the best flashcart operating system in terms of usability, speed, reliablity, and compatibility? Any OS for any flashcart is fine.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would say it's a tie between AkAIO and R4 Wood. Both of them have great teams that update regularly and honestly are the best looking firmwares out there with features to back them up

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It depends on a lot of things.. Different cards have different OS's to power the use of the cart in question. I personally like a simple OS for example the CycloDS OS. On the other hand, the DSTwo and the AKAIO OS are cool too. Just depends on what you actually want to do with the cart. You don't actually spend that much time using the OS than playing games/running homebrew
tongue.gif

-Qtis

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
As said it depends....

Originally I would've said I liked Moonshell2, due to the 'extensions' it had & how by adding them you increased the functionality of it (although 'skinning' it was a pain - & you couldn't run ROM's from it), but for some reason I also HATED M3 Sakura (but they were virtually the same thing) at the same time - weird

AKAIO/Wood/Acekard OS (they are all similar in design) is also liked for it's simplicity, but Wood has the slight edge as it has more 'features'

And although I have a DSTwo as my main card - I DON'T like how each feature (emulators/DSGame/plugin) has a different menu - if they were all of a similar layout/design then I would be happy - which is why I like iMenu as this allows running homebrew/SNES games & DS games all to be run from the one menu. It's a shame the GBA emulator can't work the same way - but I can only hope someone will release a ARG() version of it (if the source code is ever released)

I've not tried any other OS (well except for the R4i gold '3-icon' layout - but I hated that type)

Hebon

Dabbling in the videogamagical
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any OS's that support AR/Gameshark codes for GBA?

Also, are there any OS's that can be used on different carts? Are there any that can be used on an M3 Real cart besides Sakura?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: im new