Hacking What is the best Flashcart for DSi??

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
www.dealextreme.com - low prices, slow-ass shipping, not as reliable (based in Hong Kong)

www.gamebygame.com - higher prices, fast shipping, very reliable (based in US)

suckerface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
www.realhotstuff.com isn't too bad either. I got my CycloDS from them. Paid extra for shipping, as I needed it in two days, but it got here quick, and there were no issues in the ordering process.

S

sumarth

the M3i zero whoops Acekard 2i

for the cheapest deal, buy it from here
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26858
dont buy the red box on dealextreme, it is a fake
i would say dx is reliable, but they do have 2.5 week shipping to the US

whatever you do, dont buy a AK2i, it lacks basic functions (such as rts)
but if you are on a budget, buy a ezflash vi
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13683

or, cheaper than the AK2i, the R4i sdhc & rts
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30519

S

sumarth

sfg said:
Wow, RTS is a basic function. The more you know!
are you being sarcastic?
i dont understand

and yes, the day that the ' hyper-r4i '
wtf.gif
has an rts, it IS a basic function

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Don't get M3zero its an outdated GUI even with sakura which is an older version of moonlights Moonshell 2(who never got paid for it but thats another story). Acekard 2i is your best bet by far(for the price anyways). BTW hong kong shipping will take at least 2 weeks just to leave china these days so your better off to buy locally. Check out sponsors on main page of gbatemp.
Myself I am buying from(but not a lot of choice):
http://www.5thdimensionstore.com/

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sumarth said:
sfg said:
Wow, RTS is a basic function. The more you know!
are you being sarcastic?
i dont understand

Me neither.

wtf.gif

Clearly that's why he should never buy an Acekard. Because some clone probably made by M3 or whoever has RTS. Never mind the rest; no RTS = suck.

S

sumarth

sfg said:
QUOTE said:
wtf.gif

Clearly that's why he should never buy an Acekard. Because some clone probably made by M3 or whoever has RTS. Never mind the rest; no RTS = suck.

first of all gbalpha (makers of m3) is a legit company, i dont understand why you call them cloners.

no really. dont get an acekard. get a m3i zero, get a supercard ds 1 or 2, get a ezflash, get a r4i sdhc & rts (i actually respect the r4i)

buy from dealextreme.com , m3 sakura is the BEST gui, integrated moonshell 2, and for updates you can run the real moonshell 2 on top of it

but please, whatever you do, dont jump on the bandwagon and buy an acekard. its DESPICABLE, but then again, some people dont care about a great super-skinnable gui, or features, and these people should buy an DSTTi and run the moonshell 2.05 exploit with ysmenu.

acekard team has proven themselves by having an unofficial team make the kernel/menu. but whatever, listen to the proud-to-be-a-fool acekarders.. ..... sigh

S

sumarth

BoxShot said:
@sumarth Give me 10 reasons that I can't answer or reply well about the acekard being bad.

No rts is not a basic function. None of the real time functions is basic. R4i huh I laugh at that.

its the end of 2009. nds has been around for what, 5+ years. Yes, when the $ 9.41 USD hyper-r4i can offer a rts, it IS basic.

whats not basic - gba emulation, iplayer video functionality, m3 sakura style gui

and yes, i have heard good things about acekard, especially about AKAIO, and about fast updates, but name a RECENTLY popular card that does not have a rts ...

click the link, check out the r4i's site. its actually look like a decent company's site
i dont know how their gui is, but really, if it is good, the card is decent.

acekard is not bad, its well updated, etc, good menu, etc, but it is not keeping up with the current standards for features, and that is what an rts is today, a standard. DSTT was once called a budget card, today there are r4s with real time functions that are cheaper

btw, when i talk about prices, i mean dealextreme

damn, i am indian, living in america, and my grammar sounds chinese on this site
wacko.gif

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does everyone need RTS. No

Wtf is M3 sakura style gui

I still don't trust R4 whatsoever

The rts R4s one being the Hyper R4i is a clone of the ez flash vi. Name one that uses the R4 firmware. No the M3 r4i rts doesn't count. It uses the dstt firmware with probably the m3's rts

S

sumarth

BoxShot said:
Does everyone need RTS. No

Wtf is M3 sakura style gui

I still don't trust R4 whatsoever

The rts R4s one being the Hyper R4i is a clone of the ez flash vi. Name one that uses the R4 firmware. No the M3 r4i rts doesn't count. It uses the dstt firmware with probably the m3's rts

1) Name one that uses the R4 firmware. - this example is not for dsi ...

2) Wtf is M3 sakura style gui - it is moonshell 2, but fully integrated as a flashcart gui, with an intuitive tap and slide interface, with one .skn file skinning, wallpapering, and good looking integrated nds game menus including the game settings menu, and built in dsm and dpg / music / text viewing. the best part is the functionality with games (such as the good looking integrated game settings menu that you access by slidin a game rom file to the left or pressing 'x') that a moonshell exploit cannot offer

3) I still don't trust R4 whatsoever - its probably bad for business to choose 'r4' as your card's name, but would a acekard be good for you if it was named r4. i actually think that this r4 is a less-fake and more worthy than the hyper-r4i, which is just a functioning clone

and, QUOTENo the M3 r4i rts doesn't count. It uses the dstt firmware with probably the m3's rts
are you sure? you cant just say, "this doesnt count." thats not fair to ANY card

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually scratch I was thinking of the R4i SDHC version the make. http://www.r4rts.cn/compareguide-en.htm

Anyways to 2) Do you stare at the gui all day instead of launching your rom?
smile.gif
I don't and I don't mind it not having the moonshell intergrated stuff.

3) If it was named R4 then I wouldn't have akaio which I love. With that no I wouldn't be getting one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol