Hacking What is the best Flashcart for DSi??

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@omgpwn666 Did you realize it says DSi?
tongue.gif
smile.gif

S

sumarth

BoxShot said:
Actually scratch I was thinking of the R4i SDHC version the make. http://www.r4rts.cn/compareguide-en.htm

Anyways to 2) Do you stare at the gui all day instead of launching your rom?
smile.gif
I don't and I don't mind it not having the moonshell intergrated stuff.

3) If it was named R4 then I wouldn't have akaio which I love. With that no I wouldn't be getting one.

QUOTE said:
"3) If it was named R4 then I wouldn't have akaio which I love. With that no I wouldn't be getting one." - you know what i am really trying to ask ... its a rhetorical question, the card id the same level of good or bad, no matter what its name is.

Do you stare at the gui all day instead of launching your rom?
smile.gif
I don't and I don't mind it not having the moonshell intergrated stuff.
no, i dont
smile.gif
but it is good enough to stare at
smile.gif
akaio is not annoying like ttmenu for dstt .. but why compromise when you dont need to? the full media player is built in ... iys like windows 98, windows xp, windows 7 ... 98 is the dstt-stlyle cards, xp is akaio, and 7 is functional, but 7 is a lot nicer to use..

since i hear that most flashcarts have the same hardware, and ive seen flashcarts introduce rts in the middle, why doesnt acekard release a rts update? even if it means copying a r4 with rts or something ...

you have to boot moonshell, m3 sakura doesnt

i use rts so frequently, like on the bus and stuff

really, you could use a original r4 type card, but its over that, its about having the most functions and a good gui

S

sumarth

omgpwn666 said:
So many of these topics,anyways get Acekard 2i or Cyclos,and number 1 rule,NEVER GET R4!!!!!

the name r4 has a negative connotation (personal effect), but you have the r4 rts which seemingly has all acekard functions and more (i dont know about the gui, though, but if m3 team made it, it should be good)

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You missed good support.
smile.gif
I'll stop the arguement anyways. Anyways I personally don't mind booting moonshell all the time. The acekard might not have the hardware to support that but I don't know as the acekard team. I use sleep mode over rts.
smile.gif
If they copy a R4 rts they essentially copy most likely the Ez flash rts.

starfighter1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im getting an m3i for christmas haha and i know that cuz my mom kinda slipped up i got a flash drive from one of my aunts and my brother told my mom it was a flashcard (cuz he is stupid) and she goes are you kidding me you got THAT flashcard darn it cameron and im like no mom its a flash drive heh heh smooth mom.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Any card is good; just don't get anything with R4 in its name. People say Supercard DStwo is worth the wait(can be). Sakura is rather outdated and wont be updated anymore as far of GUI goes so M3 is NO for me.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sao Mortel said:
Any card is good; just don't get anything with R4 in its name. People say Supercard DStwo is worth the wait(can be). Sakura is rather outdated and wont be updated anymore as far of GUI goes so M3 is NO for me.
Just because its outdated doesnt mean it sucks it has lotta other features and new features are being added to the cart like rtg was added a few updates back so m3 doesnt suck
I own both m3 and acekard and IMHO i use my m3 much more and only use the acekard when theres a game that doesnt work on m3
so I love both carts but the m3 feels better when you use it but the acekard is a top class cart too so get any of them

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have a DS Lite already, buy an Acekard 2i. Why? Cuz AKAIO is the best firmware EVER. Normatt is the most dedicated coder throughout all of the Slot-1 NDS Flashing Community. You want game compatibility, he'll give it to you. He found most of the game fixes in a range of a couple hours and 2 days. GTA:CW was found in a couple hours and the Spirit Track fix was found in a couple days before anyone else. If a patch was found by someone else first, he'll integrate it into the loaders so you don't have to use a patched ROM anymore, a clean one works perfectly (like Pokemon HG/SS). Another upside to AKAIO is you don't have to wait for a whole new firmware to get game fixes. Loaders are updated DAILYYYYYYY.

So no, the Acekard 2i does not have RTS or kernel update throughout a computer like M3i0 but those are not needed, those are only for people who aren't smart or skilled in games
tongue.gif

AKAIO FTW.

~ Jon

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jonjon95 said:
If you have a DS Lite already, buy an Acekard 2i. Why? Cuz AKAIO is the best firmware EVER. Normatt is the most dedicated coder throughout all of the Slot-1 NDS Flashing Community. You want game compatibility, he'll give it to you. He found most of the game fixes in a range of a couple hours and 2 days. GTA:CW was found in a couple hours and the Spirit Track fix was found in a couple days before anyone else. If a patch was found by someone else first, he'll integrate it into the loaders so you don't have to use a patched ROM anymore, a clean one works perfectly (like Pokemon HG/SS). Another upside to AKAIO is you don't have to wait for a whole new firmware to get game fixes. Loaders are updated DAILYYYYYYY.

So no, the Acekard 2i does not have RTS or kernel update throughout a computer like M3i0 but those are not needed, those are only for people who aren't smart or skilled in games
tongue.gif

AKAIO FTW.

~ Jon
That was the first good not biased post in this thread.
And I agree with everything he said but not the last to lines rts and cor updationg via usb are 2 great features and can help alot but yes they arent needed

starfighter1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also agree with his statement it was very unbiased and gave pros to both cards but explained using true facts why he believes one card to be better. I think what we need though is someone who owns both cards to make a list of pros and cons comparing them so that people can clearly see which one they would prefer.

S

sumarth

starfighter1 said:
i also agree with his statement it was very unbiased and gave pros to both cards but explained using true facts why he believes one card to be better. I think what we need though is someone who owns both cards to make a list of pros and cons comparing them so that people can clearly see which one they would prefer.

it would still be biased because the person will prfer one of the two

S

sumarth

starfighter1 said:
mmm probably would still be biased.... your right.
if someone wants to know what to buy, they should read the reviews on many different sites
i read them and bought a m3i zero when i wanted to upgrade from dstti, and i like it (a lot)
the problem with the reviews is that they are written by different people, some who criticize more, and some who praise the cards more.
it would be good if a single person could write reviews for all of them, but that would encounter the preference bias problem
also, gbatemp should have an updated fact-based comparison chart for the new flashcarts

we should make a list on all the different flashcart reviews from different sites , id be happy to help :-)
so then, people can read some reviews on the cards they are considering, and decide themselves based on what they read!

Edit: PM me if you want to do the list of reviews thing

S

sumarth

starfighter1 said:
facts......huh it would still be a matter of opinion if you think it is a "good" feature....... oh and can someone tell me what cards are ds download compatible and wifi compatible?

yah, but the point is to have multiple reviews

all modern cards are ds download compatible and wifi compatible

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
jonjon95 said:

tongue.gif

AKAIO FTW.

~ Jon
That was the first good not biased post in this thread.
And I agree with everything he said but not the last to lines rts and cor updationg via usb are 2 great features and can help alot but yes they arent needed
how was that non biased
blink.gif

post only contains praising the ak2
then said a feature that the ak doesnt have but another card has is for cheaters
blink.gif

and another feature which makes flashing a new kernel easier is "not needed" on the ak

S

sumarth

them people with ak(47s) just go around shootin down the good, honest cards, and leaving them ragged, ugly, no-good-feature self on them map

that how we say it in texas

really, why is acekard better than m3i0 , and dont say it has better game compatibility, because it doesnt, they are the same

well, here in texas, them acekards are considered the cream of the crap

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: