Hacking What is the best cfw to get? Idc about ban just no brick

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean the brick code in SX OS? Pretty sure they did remove it. Or at least they say they did. And SX OS is more of a CFW than Hekate is as Hekate is just a loader

I never saw them mention removing it. They claimed to have 'deactivated', which is hogwash. And, taking Nin's XCI function, mixing it with Atmosphere, and adding encryption is not CFW.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best 3 things about sx ox?
3? The only one I can think of is raw .XCI loading. But I can list several flaws of SX OS that other CFW do not suffer from such as being able to update your firmware offline with ChoiDujourNX or being free or even offering anti-telemetry options such as creport (prevents error reports from accumulating inside the console) or disabling eclct (a telemetry module). You can also freely customize other CFW to your liking unlike SX OS.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What does it mean "burning fuses"? Is auto rcm worth it? I dont want any boot or powering off on issues

The switch has these electronic fuses and everytime you upgrade your firmware, a few of them get burnt. This is done to prevent you from downgrading to older OFW versions in the future. Auto RCM is worth it if, for example, you don't have a good jig. But you can always leave your system on sleep mode and not worry about it too much

Kellswitak614

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch has these electronic fuses and everytime you upgrade your firmware, a few of them get burnt. This is done to prevent you from downgrading to older OFW versions in the future. Auto RCM is worth it if, for example, you don't have a good jig. But you can always leave your system on sleep mode and not worry about it too much

And using i forget wat its called but the main updating program it wont burn fuses? I dont plan on goin to ofw until better solutions come out so auto rtm sounds good

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ofw with auto rcm? Idk what you mean by ofw with pr without rcm

OFW= Official firmware. The legal kind. What he means is booting OFW via RCM(recovery mode, the thing you'l need to boot CFW) wont burn fuses because RCM bypasses the fuse check. Booting into OFW without using RCM will burn the fuses

Reactions: Kellswitak614

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ofw with auto rcm? Idk what you mean by ofw with pr without rcm
To load CFW, you need an exploit. That exploit involves sending a payload through USB connection. But you can't just hook a USB cable up to your Switch and expect it to work. Your Switch needs to be in RCM first. To enter RCM...well there are multiple ways of doing it but the easiest is by bridging pin 10 on your right Joy-Con rail to ground (such as pins 1 or 7) then holding volume + as you turn the console on. You will know you entered RCM successfully if you see a black screen after turning your console on this way.

The payloads we send can simulate OFW with RCM since RCM is triggered before OFW but we can no longer trigger OFW in RCM. Entering OFW without RCM is the normal way of turning your console on; meaning you turn it on without entering RCM first.

Reactions: Kellswitak614

Kellswitak614

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To load CFW, you need an exploit. That exploit involves sending a payload through USB connection. But you can't just hook a USB cable up to your Switch and expect it to work. Your Switch needs to be in RCM first. To enter RCM...well there are multiple ways of doing it but the easiest is by bridging pin 10 on your right Joy-Con rail to ground (such as pins 1 or 7) then holding volume + as you turn the console on. You will know you entered RCM successfully if you see a black screen after turning your console on this way.

The payloads we send can simulate OFW with RCM since RCM is triggered before OFW but we can no longer trigger OFW in RCM. Entering OFW without RCM is the normal way of turning your console on; meaning you turn it on without entering RCM first.

So if i enter rcm and still go into ofw i wont burn fuses

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?