what is the best cfw for o3ds other than rxtools

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DenizADS, Feb 5, 2016.

1. DenizADS
    OP

DenizADS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    rxTools?

Zidapi likes this.
  3. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    Rxtools, because, well, what else do you need?, RxTools is basically an entry-point for the Emunand, with additional choices such as generating titles, xorpads, keys, dumping the nand, etc. the Emunand itself IS the cfw, and for the time being, it doesn't need anything at all, just install your applications, games, etc. on cia format and that's it.

4. DenizADS
    OP

DenizADS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    i wanted to use another cfw because i can't install any cia files with fbi it gives me an error like this = description invalid command

5. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    Then you will the same result with any other CFW, because every other CFW is basically an entry-point for the emunand, so the problem will be transferred here and there, also, if you can't install a cia, it could be for many reasons, such as a corrupted cia, not enough space on your SD card, etc, if you still have that problem, install the cia with BBM/Devmenu, if that still doesn't work, download another cia, and if that still isn't working, download a cia of the same game from another region until you get it right.

6. DenizADS
    OP

DenizADS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2016
    do i need flascards for bbm or devmenu ?

7. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    What?, No, BBM and Devmenu are cias just as FBI, just install it on your Emunand with FBI, look them up on google, and you will easily find them.

8. Spankpanky

Spankpanky Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2015

use nasa to install cia files

9. Grim Ripper

Grim Ripper GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2016
    Greece
    Post of a photo of what FBI says, we may find what is wrong with it. :)

10. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    Hve you got FBI installed as a CIA in the home menu or are you trying to run it from the Hombrew Launcher in CFW.

If its the second option then thats why it fails you never read the guides.

Also have you tried creating a title.db in the new Emunand folder on the 3DS because that could be the reason also

11. Spankpanky

Spankpanky Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2015

Whenever I install a CIA with FBI I get the following error:

"Install Failed! Could not install app. Raw Error: 0xd8e0806a. Module: AM (0x20). Level: Permanent (0x1b). Summary: Invalid Argument (0x7). Description: Invalid Signature (0x6a)"

System is o3DS with rxTools, sysNAND on 9.2 and emuNAND on 10.3. Any help would be appreciated since I literally can't install any CIAs. If you need any more details feel free to ask :)

EDIT: Using H&S FBI not an FBI CIA although I do have one installed. I did try installing one with the CIA version and it throws something either identical or very similar. And yes this does happen with multiple CIAs.