Hacking What is the best burning speed for Wii games?

thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
afif95 said:
thebobinc said:
to all of you that think that they burn a 1x or 2x using imgburn , most media don't support lower then 4x , yyou can select 1x 2 x , but it will be burn at 4x ,

4x is the best speed in order to don't kill your drive in your Wii

the slowest it is , the best it is for your drive inside your Wii

What a load of bullshit. Nowadays, faster is better, and it is already proven by many. Plus, your terminology is damn wrong. Speed of burning does not affect speed of reading. It's like, my typing speed is 44 words/minute and will that affect your reading speed? No.

EDIT: I use Auto all the time.

hee dude i don't think that you live on the same planet as i am, but that allright , it might be full of cow excrament what i said from where your from but here i'm not the ONLY one that gonna tell you that the slower you do it , the better it will be , anyway ,

to the guy that post that question at first , believe who you want, but i can tell you that if you burn at 4x it will be the best for you an you are not gonna scrap blank dvd, if you wanna try faster it is all up to you , at the end it is your Wii , an your money to affort yourself another one if you break it
wink.gif

peace

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
4x-16x.

thebobinc said:
afif95 said:
thebobinc said:
to all of you that think that they burn a 1x or 2x using imgburn , most media don't support lower then 4x , yyou can select 1x 2 x , but it will be burn at 4x ,

What a load of bullshit. Nowadays, faster is better, and it is already proven by many. Plus, your terminology is damn wrong. Speed of burning does not affect speed of reading. It's like, my typing speed is 44 words/minute and will that affect your reading speed? No.

hee dude i don't think that you live on the same planet as i am, but that allright , it might be full of cow excrament what i said from where your from but here i'm not the ONLY one that gonna tell you that the slower you do it , the better it will be , anyway ,

to the guy that post that question at first , believe who you want, but i can tell you that if you burn at 4x it will be the best for you an you are not gonna scrap blank dvd, if you wanna try faster it is all up to you , at the end it is your Wii , an your money to affort yourself another one if you break it
wink.gif

peace
This applied back then.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
burn at either AUTO or MAX supported speed of your media.

whoever says burn @ 4x, 2x, or whatever they are WRONG and are only doing that because THEY have been told that is best.

if you are worried about your burn quality because you are using crap media, just burn in imgburn @ auto speed. or if you know you have good quality media, burn at the max speed that media supports. if your burner is half decent and you have good media you will have no problems.

for all you folks saying burn @ slower speeds, well i feel sorry for you as your wasting your time...

and do a search on this next time as this has been asked numerous times before...and the answer is always the same..

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thebobinc said:
afif95 said:
thebobinc said:

wink.gif

peace

quit giving people mis-information.. burning @ 4X is in no way better than burning @ 16X if your burner supports it... if you have crap media and your wii needs to do more seeks due to bad media than yes this might (ONLY POSSIBLY) cause your wii laser to burn out quicker than usual. of course this has NOT BEEN PROVEN AT ALL!!

so please.. stop giving people incorrect information..

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lol , I have to laugh at all of the definate answers that people give to this question every time its asked (and it has been asked 100's of times had you looked).

There is no definate speed for discs to be burnt - its all dependant on your media your hardware and your software - the combination of all 3 makes it pretty much a per person answer and where are max speed works well for a lot , for others another over 4 speed results is coasters.

Its a stupid question with almost all answers being correct for someone somewhere and no matter how many times its asked you will never get everyone agreeing.

The only real correct answer is : You have to determine that yourself based on your media , your writer and your software.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
when I was using Kodak DVD-R I burnt at auto/max with no problems.

Since I bought Memorex DVD-R I struggle to get a decent burn at all. Usually 2x to 4x works, but not always.

Like people said it all depends on your burner, your media and your Wii. If you are not in a hurry then there is no problems burning slower.

I do not feel I am wasting time, even if burning at 1x, as I do not sit and wait for it to finish, simply do something else.

cyatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I burn at whatever speed the blank disc is rated at, in other words, the fastest speed. I haven't had any problems or read errors of any kind. It's probably a good idea to also use good quality media.

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people will say burn at half the max speed your disc supports, but it doesn't really matter as long as you have decent media and a good burner. I go with auto on imgburn, because that's just how I roll. ^^

ejx982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It the days of the first playstation, it was discovered that slower burns, 1x resulted in better playback of games that were 2x. As media got better, 2x was more supported, but most people burned slow. The reason? It was believed that to speed up the burning process, manufacturers "cheated" and made the pits not as pronounced on a disc. This resulted in the PSX having trouble reading the disc, it had trouble ti distinguish between a pit/valley or a 1 and a 0. Typically, this knowledge has carried out through out the console backup scene.

Now, what is interesting is I read a few days ago that current burners no longer use any technology to "cheat" the system. In fact, some theorize that a burner capable of burning at higher speeds, but setting it to slower speed results in bad burns, because the laser is overpowering the disc. That is, the laser is spending more time on the dye that it should. In the end, who really knows.

I had a $600 CDR, when blanks were $8 a pop. I burned slow to ensure I didn't coaster, no buffer-under-run protection back then. While back then 40min burns took forever, now I don't see a big difference between 15min, 7min or even 3 min. Do you *really* need to play right now or are you wasting your time? I myself, am not starting at the % bar going "I really wish it would burn faster."

I've started to burn a mix between, 1x,2x,4x. I'm to the point now, that I'd rather waste time burning, then waste a lot of time testing 'which speed is best for the wii", if the game freezes, I'll spend another 40 cents on another disc. The rule of "burn half as fast as the disc is rated, is a very good place to start." If your discs play perfectly, who cares just leave it at that speed. If it runs poorly, always trying burning slower first, then burn faster. Due to CAV, discs no longer burn at one specific speed anyway, the inner burns slower than the outer of the disc, due to physics. That is my 2 cents, regarding burning... hopefully it helps someone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte