What is the best 3D modelling program to use for Source modding?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by sodaddict, Dec 24, 2016.

1. sodaddict
    OP

sodaddict GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2016
    I'm looking for a good 3D modelling program for making Source mods, such as GMOD playermodels and weapons, TF2 hats, etc. As well as working well with Bethesda games like Skyrim and Fallout.
    I have only ever tried Blender, 3DS Max and Maya, Blender is way too complicated for me, i can't get anything right, nor can i figure out anything, the lack of simple-explaining online tutorials doesn't help neither, 3DS Max seems pretty alright, but it has way too many features i have no idea how to use, Maya is the same as 3DS Max, but a little more complex to get the program running, in fact, has a little too much features itself.
    I heard Milkshape is a good program, but i am not comfortable with using multiple "viewports" (don't mistake me for an average modeler just because i said that, i suck so hard at modelling).
    So what can be considered a great modelling program? 3DS Max, Maya, Milkshape, XSI, etc. Or do i have to go back to Blender because i'm looking at it the wrong way?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice