What is that piece of media that holds an special place on your heart?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,934
  • Replies 47
  • Likes 7

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Probably mostly shock from people because a 2011 game can now be someone’s first experience with video games and that’s scary. I’m only 24 and I feel ancient reading your post ;O;
Reminds me of how I felt when my 6 year old cousin told me he was born in 2014

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thing you clarified in the post. Just reading the title, I was going to be like "Are you talkin' my ultimate boot cd, or naked news?" lol

But: Windham Classics Below the Root on Commodore 64. First time I was old enough to intuit how to use a disc sector editor to hack my game save to cheat my butt off. (and at my age, the story and gameplay were really neat).

NES Metroid: Nobody in my neighborhood could figure out where to go or what to do. I was the first to discover that there were blocks in the floor/wall that you could hit with the bomb (opening up basically the entire game), and subsequently the first to finish it.

I still play both of these on every possible thing I can play them on. This includes handhelds, PCs, tablets, Phones, Oculus Quest 2, etc...

Last edited by urherenow,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Specifically, my first copy of Pokemon Red. It was a hand-me-down from my older bro as he moved on to other games, and I played it to literally death when, eventually, part of the contacts on the PCB broke off somehow after pulling it out of my GBC one day. I think I kept that cartridge after it broke probably a decade (so probably like 2000->2010), in the hopes that maybe I'd fix it or replace the inner PCB someday so I could at least keep the case of it. Eventually it got tossed when I was cleaning out my room, and I had already acquired another physical copy.

MK64 as well, many many hours spent playing this as a kid with my family and friends, and my wife and I will even occasionally throw it up on my Shield TV and give it a playthrough for funs.

EDIT: And of course the first two Spyro games! My dad bought me a Spyro 1+2 duology thing for the PS1 when I got my first wasp sting as a kid, took me right to EB Games in the local mall and asked me to pick whatever game I wanted. Thought Spyro looked cool, saw the duology thing, so picked that.

EDIT EDIT: Also, in regards to music, a Philly local folk group called Hezekiah Jones. A cousin of mine is good friends with the lead of the group, and he introduced them to my older bro who inadvertently introduced them to me by just listening to them :lol:. Good band, interesting music.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: Also movie wise, Dune! My dad is a pretty big sci-fi guy, he introduced me to Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Fifth Element...but Dune stands out the most because we both just love the series. Every time he spots it on TV he'll swap to it and we'll both take turns shouting out quotes and stuff as they happen. Fun times :lol:

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo,

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Back to the future, Indiana Jones, Pulp Fiction, The original Gameboy with Tetris! Zelda 1 and 2 on NES , Alex Kidd in Miracle World on Master system to name just a few things off the top.. There are way too many 8 bit games that I love... Bubble Bobble on NES..

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ancient aliens on the history channel
it was like shit posting but for TV
it was a game changer
film3_ancientaliens2-w.jpg

Louse

go play rez
Trophies
Website
www.h.com
XP
Country
United States
Am I allowed to say Blade Runner? Watched it as a boyo and it kinda taught me like, that movies and entertainment could be more than spingeboy and jumpman and have depth and meaning and stuff.

Also Metroid Prime. that game still makes my dick hard enough to be considered an concealed carry in 32 states.
and bioshock (the whole series, yes infinite counts, especially infinite [it was my intro to shock-likes]), they still make me cry
and dark souls, whole series is just all of my favorite things all at once

Last edited by Louse,

Deleted member 545975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a toy that makes me feel so whole; I saw it between a bush in a primary school, and took it to myself: It was some marble maze game, with some buttons at the bottom that one can push to make the ball jump over pits and otherwise go over obstacles, and, if I recall correctly, several stage-themed backgrounds. I returned it to that school's office, thinking it could be as important to someone else. I wish I knew the toy's name! If someone knows of any toy like this, I would much appreciate that you tell me about any name associated with!

There is also this toy figure I used to play with much; I was gifted it by a nephew, who, if I recall right, told me also had an sword and armor accessory; I had it nude, it had a painted orange suit, lilac colored hair, and what seems to me like a gem in his forehead: I wish I knew it's name, or the origin source it's character comes from: If anyone has any in mind about who it could be, please: Tell me about! I would much appreciate it!

In regards to video games, I think that The Guardian Legend, Breath of Fire, Lufia & The Fortress of Doom, helped me develop my tastes and person as a child, and I hold them very, very dear in my heart.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably ys book 1 and 2. my grandfather bought the turbo grafx and cd attachment for us to play when I spent the night. he'd only play that game while I was with him. he died before we could beat the game, so I beat it and dedicated the feat to him. I now own his system and games, and I'm thinking of buying that one turbo duo clone that allows the cds to be played to relive the experience (the analogue?). the system I have, his system -- the cd part doesn't function well anymore from nonuse. I've gotten it to run a few times by repeatedly heating up the system, then it runs well, but I haven't plugged it in in at least 15 years.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
There is a toy that makes me feel so whole; I saw it between a bush in a primary school, and took it to myself: It was some marble maze game, with some buttons at the bottom that one can push to make the ball jump over pits and otherwise go over obstacles, and, if I recall correctly, several stage-themed backgrounds. I returned it to that school's office, thinking it could be as important to someone else. I wish I knew the toy's name! If someone knows of any toy like this, I would much appreciate that you tell me about any name associated with!
It sounds an awful lot like Screwball Scramble, which Ashens actually did a video on it recently:

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Bros. NES
Ocarina of Time N64
Turok Dino Hunter N64
Real Adv of Jonny Quest-90s cartoon
In the new age holding its own, Hamilton play/Disney +

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Deleted member 545975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds an awful lot like Screwball Scramble, which Ashens actually did a video on it recently:

Hello, @Tom Bombadildo; you have made my life feel more complete, after over a decade of having ceased to physically have this toy I feel extremely connected with! Thank you so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so much, Tom Bombadildo for sharing with me about! I feel so great about knowing the name of this game I feel so wonderfully charmed about! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank youuuuuuuu!

I think that it is the game I remember. Thank you so much, Tom Bombadildo!

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
there are so many things , idk if i can list everything
a lot of sonic
pokemon mystery dungeon red rescue team and explorers of sky
super mario 64 both versions
new super mario bros ds
digimon tamers, best season