wovva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've seen lots of people complain about this, what does it mean to strip a screw, and what is the best tool to buy to avoid this problem.

Cheers

frendly5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
blink.gif

The right size screwdriver.

wtf.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Normall a screw has "+" on the top. Using a wrong sized screwdriver and trying to remove the screw will result in the "+" slowly being turned into an "o" and then the screwdriver can't grip the screw anymore

Perplexer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As opposed to "screwing" a stripper, which is a different issue altogether!

Invest in a tri-wing. We made our own, and it took hours to get everything open properly!

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a triwing and got through all those fine, my issue with stripping a screw was on one of the fan duct phillips head screws, even though I had the proper size screwdriver and everything.

Luckily it wasn't necessary to undo that to get my Wiinja installed, but I was also going to try to put my wavebird receiver internally.

FuManChuu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL... damn clicking on threads through the mainpage... i responded to one thread, and then put the response to my response in another :>

Anyway, my question was about how bad stripping is... but its really visual, and tough to explain.

I was using a torx4 to open er up, and that works fine for the top ones... but those chincy grey screws started stripping. Its not a circle at all, its more of a triangle, and it still has a little bend in at the middle joints... I was wondering if anyone had experienced slight stripping, and then with proper tools, managed to save it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4