What is so good about Mario Kart ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Youkai, Apr 20, 2008.

Apr 20, 2008
  1. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Hi,

I just got Mario Kart yesterday because many many ppl sayed this is the best mario kart ever !

But i think this is one of the worst [​IMG]V

Ok i still don't know how to do tricks but still ... there are barely new maps, ok i like the old ones very much but still its like they didn't really do any work at all except the bikes and wii control.

I really regret buying this game !

I wanted to play grand prix toegther with a friend, no chance no 2 player grand prix any more [​IMG]V

Only good part would be online play in my opinion.

P.S. i have no prob. with the wheel but my friend says the wheel sucks because of the hole in the left side for the wiimote [​IMG]V

2. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    you can't start an actual GP 2 player mode. But if you select the first track and play them in order, it's exactly like GP

3. yumms

Member yumms GBAtemp Regular

United States
    "there are barely new maps"

Well there are 16 new maps...and 16 old ones.

4. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I agree the online options are quite poor, there is just no real sense of achievement, unless you have friends online to play with, you might as well be playing against bots.

5. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany

ok than i may be didn't noticed all of them ... i had the feeling like knowing barely every map.

but somehow the game just feels less good than the older ones ... dunno why. maybe i am just to spoiled by other games i like but i just played double dash and really liked it more than the new wii one ...

6. mousan

Member mousan GBAtemp Regular

Algeria
    what do you mean ???!!!!

7. finite

Member finite GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    He means its like playing against CPU controlled characters, like in Grand Prix mode.

8. sosodef

Member sosodef GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Then you tell us what is the best racing game so far for the Wii ? if Mario Kart is not all that!!

9. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    He wasn't saying that it wasn't the greatest racing game, he was saying that people were telling him that this was the best Mario Kart ever, when in reality, it's the worst one yet.

10. mnel100

Newcomer mnel100 Newbie

Japan
    lets not forget how winning is based on luck not skill. Im tired of people saying this is how all mario karts are.

11. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    It's not all that luck based. If you're really good, you can get ahead of the other players far enough to not even let a blue shield take your first place.

12. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    i don't think this is possible in online mode [​IMG]V do you really think you can be that much better than other player ?

in the older mario kart games i was allways first but still if there came to much at me it was imposible and somehow i feel that in the wii version at least in single player i get 10 times more attacks on me than in the old games ...

13. MADKATZ99

Member MADKATZ99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    nothing. Its pretty average.

They didnt have serious time trialers in mind when they made the game, you cant even check your best flap without having to complete a race for that track [​IMG]

14. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    I agree, sucky game etc. No 2p grand prix, battle mode sucks compared to n64 mario kart. (last kart that i've played before mario kart wii)
    Thank god I didn't buy it.

15. Mooshywooshy

Member Mooshywooshy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    People cant get to high ranks online if its completely based on luck...
    (which means its not based on luck)

16. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I use to think that it was mostly luck, but after once winning around 17 out of 20 races online, I thought to myself, surely that just can't be down to luck, can it?
    Even so, I still think that there isn't much sense of achievement.

17. jpxdude

Member jpxdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I think it's a great experience online! Been addicted for the last few days, and winning the majority of my races. I think a tiny part of it is due to luck, but for the most part its down to skill and timing, also depends on what karts you have unlocked.

18. mousan

Member mousan GBAtemp Regular

Algeria
    I think when you are loser you think that this game is poor or not good ...but if you look at the multiplayer & online it's just an awesome game , and the controls are very very simple no need to train , also the real purpose of this game: THE FUN none can tell mario kart wii isnt' fun....if really want to find an unachievement i think the number of tracks 32 is good but wanna more [​IMG]

19. MADKATZ99

Member MADKATZ99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Theres no best lap leaderboards, only 3lap leaderboards which is another reason to say it sucks. You can't tell if you have a WR or not, you can only go by what other players over at http://www.mariokart64.com/mkw/ have. Im by no means crap at the game, and I can still say it sucks.

Online multiplayer versing friends is fun. however online really isnt good at all.. you cant choose what 'room' you want to play in, or who your going to verse. I mean compared to MoH where you can see a list of games, the players inside the game, where they come from, their stats, etc, MKW really doesnt have anything on MoH online play. All you can do is search for a game and it tells you who your versing, you cant see your oponents first then back out if you dont want to play... It might not seem like a big deal to most people, but the majority of people online are very under par, and theres no 'rivals' type of search. So basically its like MKDS match up system all over again where skilled players looking for a close race get paired up with a bunch of people using wii wheels!

Another thing, the point system caps out at 9999. I know a few people that have reached that allready, and its only been like 2 weeks of the games release. That crushes wifi's replay value after you hit 9999... What else can you do, play to lose points? [​IMG]

Its still a good game, but I was expecting much better. I definatley wont be playing this as much as I did MKDS.

20. osirisFIVE

Member osirisFIVE GBAtemp Fan

Singapore
    What is so good about Mario Kart?

It owns.