Hardware What is PSN+ on Vita

michael18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello guys i am considering choosing 3ds or ps vita.I prefer 3DS but lately i read something new on Vita and that is PSN+.I have already read some infos about that and so far i understand that u have access to a big library of games and discounts.Right?It's mean that they give u the possibility to download FULL FREE GAMES like uncharted?

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's like this thing which you sign up and pay for (for a set amt of time. 90 days or 1 year) which grants you access to certain privileges as you mentioned such as DLing some Vita games. And allow you an hour's trial period on selected games. That's pretty much it.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
if you get a "FREE" game when your are paying for PSN+
it yours to keep

but the game WILL STOP working of you no long have PSN+
but discounts games are yous for good even if you stop PSN+

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games rotate out, right? Like the games you download are only playable for a month until the next set rotates in. That's what I thought.

I mean either way it's pretty nice though.

Also not mentioned was you get 1GB of cloud storage for save games and such. Also some early access to digital purchases and discounts on the store.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you get a free game from PSN plus think of it as a rental. When you stop you PSN+ subscription you no longer have the game. When you restart the subscription you get those titles back plus whatever else is up for grabs that week/month.

As said above all discounted games you buy you get to keep, however if you are getting a service discounted off of PSN or for free. Be ready to feel the sting of auto payment if you use it.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games rotate out, right? Like the games you download are only playable for a month until the next set rotates in. That's what I thought.
Games rotate in and out, although there's no set amount of time for any given game before it leaves. However, if you download a game (or really, put it in your cart as free and checked out with it), you can play it and redownload it as often as you'd like as long as your a member, even if it's rotated out of the free game collection.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you're interested in paying for the PS+ service, I'd recommend thinking about getting a PS3 too. I've had a PS3 for a few years now with PS+ and my game list is pretty big thanks to that. Now that the PSVita will start getting games as well, I'm tempted to get a WiFi model with a large memory card for games. It's not like I'd end up paying more for free games on another console :D

ps. Are PSP games included also in the packages? I know that PSX games do come for free with PS+. I'd love to use dual analogs on the go for most PSX games!

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For North American users there's one PSP game available on PS+ (Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions) for PSP and Vita use. I don't think PSX games are included in the rotations anymore, although I could be wrong. There's no Minis or PSX games right now, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.