Hacking What is new?

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Below is my current configuration on my Wii. I haven’t been here in some time so I was just trying to catch up and see what is new recently. I know I should update my loader, but does anyone have suggestions? By the way, how do I remove the Backup Loader Gamma channel? Your help is most appreciated!

4.1U Firmware
Bootmii boot2
HBC 1.0.3
cIOS38 rev14
Preloader
Backup Loader Gamma v.3

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix,

Can Neogamma be installed as a channel similar to the Backup Gamma Loader was? Also, with the Backup Loader, I never had to configure any backup games to a particular version (US or PAL) in order for it to play in color. Does Neogamma work the same way?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is an autoboot neogamma r7 that i use, its on this forum somewhere, which is really nice, instead of the normal loading screen, showing you the game id and the settings being used, it goes to a loading screen, its just an image that says loading, but a little nicer to look at...you can still access settings by holding 1 as you launch it. thats the best way to load discs right now, although USB loading is much better. you should update your HBC as well, newer channel has hotswapping, you can unplug your sd and put a new one in and not have to reload its done automatically, as well as having the option to load from USB. the only issue is that the new HBC has a different ID, instead of HAXX its now JODI, so preloader will not be able to access it if you have version 0.29 like me, its not a big deal as you can still launch apps if necessary right from preloader, but you might want to look into updating that as well, biggest improvement is sdhc with preloader. other than that you are right where you should be, stay on 4.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?