What Is Junnichi Masuda Hinting At! ;)

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Gamefreak’s Junichi Masuda suggests we all pay attention this week to his Tweets.
We’re all waiting for that that ’third’ Pokemon title after Pokemon Black and White’s release last year, although Japan have been waiting since 2010. However, it looks like the wait might finally be over. Gamefreak’s Junichi Masuda has answered questions about when the third game might be coming at a recent Q&A event. When asked about details of the game, he suggested to fans that they should watch an upcoming episode of the weekly Japanese Pokemon show, Pokemon Smash. He later said on his Twitter account that it was ’next week’s’ episode in a tweet last Sunday. Let’s hope he’s correct!

His response (in Japanese) in the below video and starts at the 4:30 mark, hear that audience reaction at 5 minutes in. While there is no concrete information on what system the game will come to, many believe it will come to the Nintendo 3DS, or perhaps the DS again but be enhanced like Pokemon Black and White were. All eyes toward Japan this Sunday then.

http://www.vooks.net/story-20706-New-Pokemon-title-to-be-revealed-this-week.html

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's going to be:

Meloetta

- or -

Genesect

Or maybe it's just the grand unveiling of a bunch of lame new trading cards! (Anyone watched BBT Abridged? B-))

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably yet another mediocre Pokemon spin off.
Milked = Mediocre?

I agree that the Pokemon series is milked (with the 3rd versions and stuff like that) but I'll not say a Pokemon main series portable game being mediocre.

I meant mediocre as in mediocre since literally every Pokemon spin off that's not the trading card game is pretty shit.

Probably yet another mediocre Pokemon spin off.
This is GameFreak. ;)

Oh, nevermind, I actually enjoy the main series games if I'm in the mood.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I never gave in to Pokemon Rumble Blast. I thought HG/SS would revive me from Pokemon burnout but... i ended up selling that gorgeous little thing, just so i could buy a flashcart. before the burnout, i was a longtime Pokemon gamer. I started on Pikachu version (the JP one) and probably finished at least one of the next succeeding generations. burned out by the time Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

however, give me a Pokemon on the 3DS where I wouldn't have to worry about all those hundreds of pokemons i'm missing out from the early DS titles and they might just win me back.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant mediocre as in mediocre since literally every Pokemon spin off that's not the trading card game is pretty shit.
I disagree, Rumble Blast is fun.
Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, of course, but if you'd actually think about it, the main series is just..
Well, the gameplay's nothing special, the story's bland, and it takes a heck of a long time to beat.
I don't know, I just don't get why the main series is popular.
But I'll still be getting the new game. I don't honestly know why.

D

Deleted_171835

Hopefully it's Pokemon Grey for the 3DS. CoroCoro has also said that there will be a surprise announcement in their next issue. I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with this.

They could use the 3D models from Pokedex 3D for battles.
1nCis.jpg
SwFHr.jpg

Oh and I hope they don't abandon the sprite-based overworld. I think there is a certain charm to it that games like Colosseum lack.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I bet it won't be all that important. The last time we were told to watch Pokemon Smash it revealed an event Mewtwo. Not hyped at all.

The Mewtwo thing is the only thing I'm worried about happening again. I remember how excited everyone was only to find out they could get a Special Mewtwo.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I bet it won't be all that important. The last time we were told to watch Pokemon Smash it revealed an event Mewtwo. Not hyped at all.

The Mewtwo thing is the only thing I'm worried about happening again. I remember how excited everyone was only to find out they could get a Special Mewtwo.
I believe it's grey though.

Because he answered this when people ask him about a third version related to BW. He even asked people to check his tweets. Surely you won't ask people to do that if it were a mere mewtwo event, right?

Still, it's my guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr