"What is it, boy? What did you find under the couch?"

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Robot Vacuums. Who has one? I picked up the iLIFE A4S because it's cheaper and highly reviewd, and I have it programmed to run every day just before I get home from work. Definitely helps.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Robot Vacuums. Who has one? I picked up the iLIFE A4S because it's cheaper and highly reviewd, and I have it programmed to run every day just before I get home from work. Definitely helps.
I have Ethernet cords on my floor. Do you think that would post a problem if I got one?

What are the chances I would step on the vacuum at night and break it?

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have Ethernet cords on my floor. Do you think that would post a problem if I got one?

1. Yes, at the very least you should really tape them down.

2. Depends on where you place the charger and what time you set it to run.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’d love to get one, just don’t think it’d go well with the dog. She’s fine when we vacuum, but things moving on their own, not so much.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Me n me bf also are looking for one.
Mainly cause we both hate vacuuming.

But like x65 said, we also likely have some cables running over the floor, not to mention the cat toys n what not.

How does a robot vacuum cleaner deal with it?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country

For our robot vaccuum, cables are a huge issue. Or well, mostly for me I guess. I have multiple cables that it has began shredding the fuck out of.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Good to know - thanks for the warning.
I sent that post too early, continued;
Of course you can be smart and take precautions, either managing your cables, or putting up some magnetic strips where you don't want it to go.
I'm just lazy and moving out relatively soon (hopefully) so it'd just be a waste of time for me to manage my cables at this point.

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One time my cat randomly crawled out from under the couch.

We don't know how the hell he got under there (He's not fat, you just don't normally find cats under your couch [citation needed]).

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, mine doesn't like cables. I have to put up my phone charger and tidy up a little otherwise it finds and tangles with every cord on the floor.

I have pretty good cable management so it's just my bedside charger and my roomate's shit, but I'm moving so that won't nbe a probledm

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I technically do but it's kind of broken. Was thinking of getting a robot mopper though, like an iRobot Scooba, since washing the floors is much more of a hassle than vacuuming and the Scooba kind of vacuums too anyway so if it's not too dusty I shouldn't need to vacuum first.

The Neato Robotics vacuums are really good at getting over wires without getting tangled. They can sort of jump and do various other tactics to get out of the wires. A Roomba on the other hand would get stuck and give up and ask you to move it (newer ones may be better though)

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
My dad went ahead and bought two, one for downstairs, one for up. Too lazy to check the brand/model, but it does its job well enough and keeps the floor clean, especially of my dog's fur. Doggo doesn't seem to mind, either, which is awesome. Can't say that I'd explicitly recommend a robot vacuum, you certainly don't need one, but it's convenient.

Dinoduck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dad went ahead and bought two, one for downstairs, one for up. Too lazy to check the brand/model, but it does its job well enough and keeps the floor clean, especially of my dog's fur. Doggo doesn't seem to mind, either, which is awesome. Can't say that I'd explicitly recommend a robot vacuum, you certainly don't need one, but it's convenient.

Gonna revive this thread because I got a puppy and, surprise surprise, an old robot vacuum. Now I think every pet should come with a bowl and vacuum like this... Anyway, after reading reviews on Robotsnavigator I guess I'll need two new vacuums too because doggo's fur is literally everywhere. Even outside (that's normal, I asked a vet about this). So which one should I choose? Should I stick to Roomba again?

Last edited by Dinoduck,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome