What is Haxchi or CBHC? FAQs and info

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by C0mm4nd_, Dec 19, 2016.

1. ReggieSunderland

ReggieSunderland Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2019
    Belgium
    Thanks again, I'm definitely going to give it a go once I want to play it, the game in question is Zelda Spirit Tracks which I've never played before, it would be fun to get a chance at playing it later on.

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I do find it odd that there's even a copy function. normally, what would be the purpose in having two of the same game at the same time?

3. ReggieSunderland

ReggieSunderland Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2019
    Belgium
    As far as I know it says the copied game wont be playable but with CFW that could be wrong.

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    not sure. my cbhc still says redNAND and has a flame for its icon. that's why I assume it's reading the external hdd. I don't believe that information is stored in the metadata, so you can freely change icons without having to reinstall anything.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

btw, don't try to change the icon manually if using cbhc. a corrupted icon will make the game not boot.

5. ReggieSunderland

ReggieSunderland Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2019
    Belgium

I definitely wont change anything manually, the icon on mine is a big :!: and I followed wiiu.hacks.guide, if anything I'll safely uninstall CBHC, delete the game, redownload it from the eshop, copy it to the USB to see if it's playable and then reinstall CBHC on the one in the internal memory.

6. BaamAlex

BaamAlex GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Simple answer. You will brick your console to 100%

pLaYeR^^ likes this.