What is happiness for you?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by VVoltz, Nov 18, 2007.

Nov 18, 2007

What is happiness for you? by VVoltz at 6:02 AM (1,815 Views / 0 Likes) 30 replies

1. VVoltz
    OP

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    This post made me think and remember that my aunt here says: happiness is to really enjoy what you have earn it.
    I agree but I also think happiness is not only that but is a state of mind that gives you peace so you enjoy every moment of what you DO, because YOU are alive.

What is really happiness for you?

2. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    That's a tough one. I guess happiness to me is embracing what makes you... you. For years I tried to ascend to various levels. I kept trying to become a better this, and a better that, all because that was the thing to do. It wasn't until recently that I realized I'm happy with who I am and how I live my life. That's happiness to me.

3. Osaka

Member Osaka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Happiness to me is when everything works how it should and when you get everything to work how you want it to.

4. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I'm not sure [​IMG]

I guess being myself and fighting injustice be it big or small (what I personally consider injustice anyway)...I'm sure if I thought about it for a while I'd come up with something completely different but that sounds ok. I can't always be myself and it sucks. Gotta put up that professional front for work and act like the stable good boy with family.

5. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
  6. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    [title: Quote]
    Well I guess that answers that. [​IMG]

7. Osaka

Member Osaka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I dont like how you have to read it backwards... it angered and confused the osaka

8. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Happiness?
    I really don't know...I haven't been 'happy' since I don't know when.
    It seems as though I don't know what 'happy' is.

For the most part in my life, I'm usually let down and lonely-feelin'.
    A lot of shit has happened in the past two years, and I'm hating my home life and school isn't too fun, because I just transfered and don't have many friends there...

I guess you could say I'm happy sometimes, but for the most part I'm not.
    GBAtemp makes me happy though [​IMG] For some reason I love to get on and read gaming news and talk to folks.
    Also, making others happy makes me happy...

My teacher said life is much better after you're a teenager, let's hope so...

9. enigmaindex

Member enigmaindex the Scarecrow

Australia
    'Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.' Is what my grandma once said to me, it only occurred to me how much truth is actually spoken in this. From that day forward i think i have achieved some form of happiness for myself.

10. wynsezhello

Newcomer wynsezhello Advanced Member

Philippines
    happiness for me is when i'm neck-deep in my work and seeing myself coast through without a hassle. and even if things don't go the way i wanted them to, as long as i have my girlfriend by my side, i'm sure nothing will go wrong.

and if she leaves me, that's where my DS comes to play. [​IMG]

11. Switchy

Member Switchy GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    Happiness for me is when I can make other people happy.
    I try to make everyone close to me feel appreciated and great, and that makes me happy. Because I am someone who needs other people around me, and feels lonely very easily. To know there are people who love me, is the greatest feeling of all (and I'm not talking about being popular or anything)

12. RayorDragonFall

Member RayorDragonFall I see you've played knifey-spoony before.

Spain
    To me happiness is...hmm... Well the first thing that came into my mind:
    Being able to make a difference in things. You might think it's strange but... I dunno, I was miserable when I didn't have enough self esteem to believe in myself.

I want to change the way people live their lives in the sense of being able to help them. I guess that when I die, I want to be remembered for being an honest and good person, so when I do things I try to make sure that "its the right thing to do" because I don't want to have any regret, if possible.

I hope this made any sense XD

Edit:
    I guess happiness also comes from the feeling you get when you know you've done the right thing to do, like a smile from someone you just listened to or a hug from someone you helped to pass their maths test. I think that having no regret in life is what makes it possible to be happy, but being loved by others is like the source of happiness.

13. Bitbyte

Member Bitbyte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    music + friends [​IMG]

14. Ducky

Member Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Israel
    Thats gonna be a great topic [​IMG]

Happiness for me , Is actually earnt in a bad way , Thats how I earnt my happiness ......

For the last 4 years or 3... My class hated me , For being myself , And trying to be funny , So I had a pretty tough times last 3 years , Finally I moved a school , And I got new friends , But this time .. I've changed and I think , thanks to the 3 years thingy...

I'm now more of me , and more to friends , more to being happy and funny ..

I used to be a silent guy and a very anoyying(Thats what i've been told) person , And thanks to this bad thing happend i'm much much much more happy ..

Happiness for me , Is friends , family , Life , and jokes.. thats pretty much all...

15. dakeyras

Member dakeyras GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    How does one manage to be annoying and silent at the same time? That's quite a feat. [​IMG]

And erm, happiness is loving and being loved, combined with a minimum of stress in your life. For me anyway.

16. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    happiness for me is that i can be carefree with no consequences
    no secrets im afraid might be discovered, no jobs waiting for me to do and that i am free to do what i want

17. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Happiness is when i play SMG, I LOVE THAT FUCKING GAME!

18. azotyp

Member azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Poland
    happiness is when i hear that on ds there will be games that are to new for my pc , and i can play them on ds (like call of duty ), and happiness is when i wait for title like ninja gaiden. happiness is also when i wait for my pre ordered acekard rpg (only two weeks [​IMG] ). I felt very happy also, when i managed to take off one part of my ds, to check L button and its spring (althought i've never would dissasamble all ds, cose it's too hard, but dissasemblin a part of it makes me happy in a sick fanboy way [​IMG] ).

19. VVoltz
    OP

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Cool answers guys. Keep'em coming!

20. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Happiness is being synchronized enough with your co-pilot girlfriend so that you can do superjumps in SMG!
    Best co-op mode in any game, evar.