Gaming What is Halo 3 ODST?

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for asking such a noob question. The truth is...I am a Halo noob. I tried the Halo Wars demo and I really really liked it. Then most of my friends suggested I should get Halo 3. So I decided to buy that when I buy the Rock Band drum kit.

But then I saw at a gaming site that this "Halo 3 ODST" will have all the map packs and I figured it would be a good thing to have since I am not planning to buy a lot of MS points.

I know that this game is an "expansion game". Is it?

A) something for Halo 3 (do I need to have Halo 3 to play this?)
B) a new Halo 3 but with the said map packs
C) a game different than Halo 3?

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its a " stand alone expansion" to Halo 3 meaning, its not Halo 3, its completely different, I believe its like events leading to Halo 3

If you going to buy it get.. COD4 or CODWAW.
tongue.gif

I hated Halo, but if your going to get it, dont get ODST get the normal Halo 3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ODST

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I think it's like a little side story sort of... not the actual Halo 3 game though.

In my opinion, there are FAR better games than Halo 3 for the 360. The only good thing Halo 3 has going for it is the online multi-player matches, but there are games with much better online than Halo.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I think it's like a little side story sort of... not the actual Halo 3 game though.

In my opinion, there are FAR better games than Halo 3 for the 360. The only good thing Halo 3 has going for it is the online multi-player matches, but there are games with much better online than Halo.

Agreed, Call of Duty, Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rainbow Six Vegas 2,Assassins Creed... this list goes on a ways
There's far better games on the 360 IMO than Halo

LordMelkor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
meh, I've been playing a lot of 360 lately with my roomate and we went through the split-screen co-op for gears 1, and then started gears 2, but we just got halo 3 and have been playing that, and honestly it's been a lot more fun than either gears games...

But honestly you shouldnt have had to ask about ODST: http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/852/852871.html

"About This Game

Halo 3: ODST's tale focuses on the legendary ODSTs or 'Orbital Drop Shock Troopers' as they drop into the ruined city of New Mombasa, looking for clues behind the Covenant's catastrophic attack on the city.

The new campaign chapter predates the events that unfold in 'Halo 3' and gives players a new perspective through the eyes of a new hero in the 'Halo' universe. New multiplayer maps ensure that the award-winning Xbox LIVE experience of 'Halo 3' continues to thrive."

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I apologise for being lazy and noobish. I'm busy with coursework as well but I just done some parts for today.

Thanks for all. Even though I think Halo is really overrated, I'll still try it.

Main reason that I got the 360 is to play the best version of GHWT and Rock Band. Luckily, the demos convinced me to get FPS games as well.

So far, I got Assassin's Creed and Ninja Gaiden 2 (but I haven't played them because I figured that I'll finish games one by one as I tend to forget the control schemes)

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
Agreed, Call of Duty, Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rainbow Six Vegas 2,Assassins Creed... this list goes on a ways

Lol take out Assassins Creed please. Replace with Battlefield Bad Company or Saint's Row 2
grog.gif

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
754boy said:
Sstew said:

Lol take out Assassins Creed please. Replace with Battlefield Bad Company or Saint's Row 2
grog.gif

Its still a good game, better than Halo IMO, oH and Saints Row/GTA ect.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Prime said:
It has "annoying" multiplayer.
And that's about it.
Fixed again. The multiplayer is good but its just a personal preference not to have racist, homophobic twelve year olds with horrible parents yelling racial slurs at you constantly while they t-bag you. I understand these kids are everywhere but no game attracts them more then Halo 3.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dinofan01 said:
War said:
Prime said:
And that's about it.
Fixed again. The multiplayer is good but its just a personal preference not to have racist, homophobic twelve year olds with horrible parents yelling racial slurs at you constantly while they t-bag you. I understand these kids are everywhere but no game attracts them more then Halo 3.

You don't seem to understand that you can mute them easily.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Prime said:
dinofan01 said:
War said:
Prime said:
And that's about it.

You don't seem to understand that you can mute them easily.
Oh oh! You're one of them!
ph34r.gif

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and why couldn't the OP use the same gaming site that spurred the initial question to, i don't know, find out more about the game?

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
sweenish said:
and why couldn't the OP use the same gaming site that spurred the initial question to, i don't know, find out more about the game?
Because when the OP asked the question, he was taking a break after finishing a ton of coursework. The OP didn't have that much energy.

Like I said day/s ago, I apologised for not going deeper into what I've researched.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so instead of using any of your time, you decided it would be a good idea to use other people's? considerate.

and how much energy would it have taken? any respectable game site will have a link to the game's index page from the news article, and from there it's just a couple clicks and a couple minutes before you're reading previews or watching the trailer.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
sweenish said:
so instead of using any of your time, you decided it would be a good idea to use other people's? considerate.

and how much energy would it have taken? any respectable game site will have a link to the game's index page from the news article, and from there it's just a couple clicks and a couple minutes before you're reading previews or watching the trailer.
It's called "trying to create a discussion" you asshole. Using your logic, forums wouldn't exist.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, using my logic, forums would actually have discussions.

"what is halo 3 odst" is different from "what do you think about halo 3 odst? here's what i think"

one of those quotes creates a discussion, the other is a stupid question that shouldn't have to be asked when you have sites like google, and the fact that he was already on a gaming site when he found out about the game, and couldn't be bothered to take the extra minute to look into it himself. but he felt perfectly fine posting into a forum and hoping someone would hold his hand and compensate for his own laziness.

so, insult fail

can't even say it was a nice try. it was actually really pathetic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.