What is currently the best method of playing MPT with a USB?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by john.jingle, Jan 3, 2011.

1. john.jingle
    OP

Member john.jingle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've been waiting for a solution to playing all 3 games on MPT for a long time ever since it came out back in the Summer. To my knowledge, there is still no way to load MPT perfectly (including the main menu and multiplayer on MP2) so here I ask if anything has been found aside from the alt.dol method. I also want to ask if there is anyone here who got the Wii de Asobu (New Play Control) Metroid Prime 1 or 2 to work on the USB as well. My wii just resets to the main menu after attempting to start the single player. Is this the same problem that MPT has?

2. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    If you have a Fat32 drive then your in luck Use Xflak's ModMii and setup Uneek + Di on your drive.
    All you need after that is either Bootmii boot2 or Bootmii IOS installed to be able to run it.
    Loads MPT 100% COD3 100% Sam +Max 100% all your fav alt dol games

3. john.jingle
    OP

United States
    I'm not sure what my USB HD is formatted as, I used the WBFS manager to format it.

4. Wiimm

Member Wiimm Developer

Germany
    I have played it with the cfg loader and the "alternate dol" method. No Problems. It seems also possible to split the DVD into three games.

But like SSBB many people have problems dumping a double layer disc. You can check it if you use my tools and create an info dump with "wit dump mpt_image":
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

5. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    As I said before, you can't change the difficulty and use the multiplayer with Alt-Dol., afaik.

@OP: The only ways to play it 100% from USB is with a ModChip (WODE, Sundrive or whatever it is called) or with UNEEK+DI. However, for UNEEK+DI you would need a FAT32-Partition, meaning you would have to format your whole drive, meaning you would have to copy your games from the WBFS-HD to another HD, or you'll loose them all. Not to mention that UNEEK+DI is really unstable, imo. So just use your Retail-Disk, which will work fine.

6. john.jingle
    OP

United States
    Well I also have Wii de Asobu versions of Metroid Prime 1 and 2, are there any advances to playing these on USB? I'm really eager to play these on the USB mostly because of the lower loading time for doors (which are super convenient for speed runs).