iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
i wish i had a nice comp... but hellz no. i have a 6 yr old dell... yup, the 360 is the only high def source in my house right now untill i get off of work to swap the cable box for the high def one...
MY TV CAME IN THIS MORNING!!!! too bad all i could do was sign for it, and then leave for work....

gr33dy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doh!
assumption does make you look like an ass.
laugh.gif

OP, I would suggest Plasma or DLP. I have a 42" plasma and it's pretty nice (no viewing angles, vibrant color, decent black levels). An LCD will suffer from poor black levels and a bad viewing angle. I am not as familiar with DLP but from what I hear they are great (I hear viewing angles aren't as nice as plasma). So, I would suggest plasma/DLP or you can go old school and get a CRT (more superior to any other current technology but lacks the "cool" factor).

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Personally I don't know why people recommend DLP's, I looked into them extensively whilst I was searching for my new TV and they all looked like washed out pieces of crap in the stores.
Plasma's and LCD's left them for dead.

Maybe we just don't have the good models here in Australia?

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
i read about the new type, i think it's SED... sounds sweet. but the magazine i was reading said be ready to pay $20,000+ for one.

man, after a night of watching my new 42 in. plasma, i'm glad i didnt get the DLP i was looking at... they are nice too, but at the angle's i'm at in my house, i doubt i would have a clear view on a dlp or lcd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse