What is AK RPG's NAND Used For?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by superspudz2000, Nov 12, 2012.

Nov 12, 2012
  1. superspudz2000
    OP

Member superspudz2000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    i really dont understand what the point of it is.
    is there some special reason why id want NAND memory?

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    its 1 GB of internal re-writable storage. originally geared towards developers who would not need to continually eject a msd card. the nand is pretty slow, when compared to a msd card. i do believe the nand is booted first, and so the kernel must be placed there. i haven't used my rpg in ages, but its really nice to discuss it again. it is one of the best built nds flash kits i've ever used.

-another world

VatoLoco likes this.
  3. unz

Member unz Chaotic Neutral

Australia
    [CSB] I once used my RPG to share a couple of games with a young kid in a doctor's waiting room.

He was bored with playing the same old games on his TTDS, so I asked his parents if they'd mind if I gave him some new ones. As the lad was getting restless (ok, annoyingly noisy), they said yes, no problem - anything to keep him occupied.

So we went through my game collection, and he picked out the ones that interested him.

Copied the chosen files from my microSD to NAND, put kid's microSD in the RPG, moved the files from NAND to his microSD.

It certainly helped to pass the time and keep the peace. (Bonus: the receptionist smiled and gave me the thumbs up for basically helping a small boy to pirate video games.)

I also like the fact that the kernel resides on the NAND. Leaves more room on the microSD for ROMs, homebrew, DPGs and so forth.

VatoLoco likes this.
  4. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    i miss my rpg...i 'loved' it to death, sadly.