What is actual your choice - Burger King or McDonalds ? (ONLY for Fast Food Fans)

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by alexander1970, Feb 5, 2019.

  1. alexander1970
    OP

    alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

    Member
    14
    Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Thank you for your still very lively discussion participation.:yay:

    Two weeks ago, there were again Burger King vouchers .... The proverbial "downfall" ....:rofl2:

    At the moment my favorite is the Whopper combined with 6er King Wings and Pommes Frittes and Cola.
    (and the 2 for 1 Junior Whopper offer...)

    Thank you.:)
     
  2. xstre pwnsx

    xstre pwnsx GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    2
    Nov 16, 2008
    United States
    I like Big Macs, so McDonalds.
     
    alexander1970 likes this.
  3. JeffRuLz

    JeffRuLz Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    5
    Sep 14, 2018
    United States
    I prefer Burger King, but there's a place called Burger Time nearby that beats them both.
     
    alexander1970 likes this.
  4. Clydefrosch

    Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

    Member
    12
    Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    the only one i come across on my commute is a burger king which i do prefer for cheeseburgers.
    i always liked mcdonalds fries better though, however, i haven't paid for those in the last ~20 years cause the pricing is ridiculous.
     
    alexander1970 likes this.
  5. alexander1970
    OP

    alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

    Member
    14
    Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Yess,Burger King is ours.:D

    Yesterday Whopper Menu and 6er King wings,pommes Frittes with Sour Cream Sauce.
    (Free, because on a table an original packed sauce was "left over"....:D)
     
  6. Filo97

    Filo97 Pink = Best colour

    Member
    9
    Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    I've tried many McDonald's and a few Burger Kings. Do note i don't actually like burgers, so this is mostly my experience with the fries. I simply didn't like Burger King fries, nothing in particular just didn't like them.
    Now, McDonald's vary a lot between countries.
    Italy has a very hit-or-miss McDonald's. There's around a 70% chance of really good fries and nuggets at my local McDonald's and a 30% chance of them being kinda meh
    Germany's also isn't bad, but i've only tried it once.
    London has a consistent quality, but they never put enough salt for me.
    Dublin has a consistent quality, and not a lot of salt albeit more than London.
    Slovenia has consistently terrible McDonald's. The fries were like rubber in all the three different McDonald's i tried there.
    Japan McDonald's is the absolute best thing on this world. The fries were absolutely heavenly and the nuggets were amazing. No McDonald's is better than Japan's.
     
    alexander1970 likes this.
  7. zxr750j

    zxr750j GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    6
    Sep 29, 2003
    Netherlands
    Uuuuu
    I'd go for McD: nothing beats a Big Mac.
    And we like mcnuggets with
    upload_2019-10-12_11-19-21.
    I guess they don't have this in Japan (or anywhere outside Holland?)
     
    alexander1970 likes this.
  8. alexander1970
    OP

    alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

    Member
    14
    Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Todays Menu:

    Whopper Menu with Fries and King Wings and Cola.
    Our Dog had his 11th Birthday and his heart desire was a:

    P1060491.JPG P1060492.JPG P1060493.JPG

    Bacon King.:D
     
  9. supernintendo128

    supernintendo128 Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    1
    Oct 13, 2019
    United States
    Alabama
    McDonalds is good. I like the burgers at Burger King better but their chicken is terrible. I never go to Burger King to eat chicken. My brother refuses to eat at McDonalds anymore.
     
    alexander1970 likes this.
  10. rustinrj

    rustinrj Member

    Newcomer
    1
    Aug 28, 2018
    United States
    McDonalds. I like their burgers, fries and hash browns.
     
    alexander1970 likes this.
  11. SG854

    SG854 If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It

    Member
    12
    Feb 17, 2017
    Comoros
    The McRib is back bitches
     
    alexander1970 likes this.
  12. DiscostewSM

    DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

    Member
    13
    Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    Burger King over McDonalds. Last time I went to McDs was over 2 years ago, ordered a Quarter Pounder from the place I used to go to numerous times, and it was terrible. Haven't had a bad experience with BK, but honestly, I rarely do fast food anymore.
     
    alexander1970 likes this.
  13. alexander1970
    OP

    alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

    Member
    14
    Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Any Burger King and McDonald Fans still here ? :D
     
  14. Pleng

    Pleng Custom Title

    Member
    9
    Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    One thing that confuses me in Thailand. Ribs are really popular, but as far as I know, McDonald's Thailand have never done the McRib promotion. And I'm sure I would have known if they did; I'm all Peter Griffin when it comes to the McRib

     
    alexander1970 likes this.
  15. Sicklyboy

    Sicklyboy #JOYCONBOYZFOREVER

    Global Moderator
    14
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    All I'mma say is the dollar menu McChicken has always been there for me, even on my worst days.
     
    alexander1970 and x65943 like this.
  16. CORE

    CORE 3:16

    Member
    6
    Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    McDonalds

    Large Coke.

    Large Frys.

    20 Chicken Nuggets with curry and bbq dips.

    Double Whopper Burger with Girkins and onions.

    KFC

    Lots of Chicken and Chicken Popcorn except spicy wings etc.
     
    alexander1970 likes this.
  17. osaka35

    osaka35 Instructional Designer

    Moderator
    12
    GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Ever since I found out burger king just adds the "char" flavour and paints on the grill lines, it's taken away from the flavour a little bit. It was what, the past 10 years or so they stopped actually flame-grilling their stuff? It's hard to deal with the change from legit to microwaved. They also don't cook their nuggets for long enough to make them crispy (when I request to cook them longer, and they are feeling kind enough to do it, they taste far better). Their chicken sandwiches aren't very good anymore either. Fries are great though.

    Mcdonalds...well. I have one near me which is the worst food I've ever eaten. it's just...terribly run with terrible equipment and management. Plus they always get my order wrong, poorly cooked/not cooked long enough/gross tasting, and take forever. A few minutes away is one of the best run ones I've seen. Their food is always brilliant. Nuggets are cheap and tasty. Super fatty though so I can't do it often, but it's a nice treat. So ya know, it varies wildly in quality.

    Oh, ask for a mcdouble, onion and cheese only, add mac sauce. Cheap bigmac. Also ask for no salt on the fries. Usually they'll just shake off what they've got, but sometimes they'll just give you fresh ones.

    Personally I prefer 5guys, taco bell, or Popeyes. That chicken sandwich is legit.


    Man, the regional stuff is usually the best. McDonald's poutine fries are pretty good, if a bit runny. I would adore the have curry here in the States.
     
    Last edited by osaka35, Nov 19, 2019
    alexander1970 likes this.
  18. x65943

    x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

    Moderator
    17
    GBAtemp Patron
    x65943 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    I will say when I worked at BK we definitely broiled em for real but that was 5 years ago.

    The issue is really that after we do that we put them in warmers for god knows how long waiting for someone to order one.
     
    alexander1970 and osaka35 like this.
  19. osaka35

    osaka35 Instructional Designer

    Moderator
    12
    GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    I wonder if it's a store-to-store thing, if franchisers get an option to or not, or what. All I know is the ones around me most definitely fake it lol.
     
    alexander1970 and x65943 like this.
  20. supergamer368

    supergamer368 this isn’t bookworm adventures deluxe

    Member
    8
    May 22, 2016
    United States
    Zanzibar Island, 5:00 PM
    I'm really torn between them. The burgers at mcdonalds are good, but the ones at burger king just taste like mustard. however the chicken nuggets at burger king are much better than the mcdonalds ones.
     
    alexander1970 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted
Loading...