Hacking "What is a legit cia?" (and other noob CIA questions ANSWERED)

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a installed legit cia will stay installed if you revert to OFW and will work.

the only way to get a legit cia installed on OFW currently is by a system transfer (which will copy the legit cia over), or buy it. Pretty sure you can install legit cias onto a cfw system, then system transfer them to an OFW. This way you can get a OFW 3ds with all legit CIAs.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
a installed legit cia will stay installed if you revert to OFW and will work.

the only way to get a legit cia installed on OFW currently is by a system transfer (which will copy the legit cia over), or buy it. Pretty sure you can install legit cias onto a cfw system, then system transfer them to an OFW. This way you can get a OFW 3ds with all legit CIAs.
nope, system transfer will not transfer legit CIA games to the next system, despite them being legit signed as far as the 3ds itself is concerned, the way the transfer works nintendo will regenerate tickets for the target system, and it will not generate replacement tickets for mismatched legit CIA files, if the console came with the game installed already from the factory (i.e a console + game bundle) it will transfer correctly, but if you install it yourself it will not

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so just have to hack, install, then unhack to get a complete legit collection.

i still wonder how they know the difference between a pre installed one that was originally there vs a pre installed one that was dumped with cfw and installed elsewhere with CFW.

they seriously actually track which systems have pre installed universally signed games on them? i thoguht the entire point of universalyl signed is that its' the same binary on all of them.

I wonder. coudl someone make fbi.firm, boot it with ntrboot, and use it to install legit cias?

Last edited by Zaphod77,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

i still wonder how they know the difference between a pre installed one that was originally there vs a pre installed one that was dumped with cfw and installed elsewhere with CFW.

they seriously actually track which systems have pre installed universally signed games on them? i thoguht the entire point of universalyl signed is that its' the same binary on all of them.

I wonder. coudl someone make fbi.firm, boot it with ntrboot, and use it to install legit cias?
well i would imagine they would just assign a serial range to each game for their database i.e XX00002-XX99999 = Mario Kart bundles XX900000-XX909999 = Mario 3D Land bundle etc, but for the purposes of expediting the install process in the production line they can just install the same image across all consoles else they would need to have each ticket generated per console which would probably complicate things

as for installing the games, you can use NTRboot to boot into Luma as a one off and install the games via the home-brew launcher with FBI

Juni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i would imagine they would just assign a serial range to each game for their database i.e XX00002-XX99999 = Mario Kart bundles XX900000-XX909999 = Mario 3D Land bundle etc, but for the purposes of expediting the install process in the production line they can just install the same image across all consoles else they would need to have each ticket generated per console which would probably complicate things

as for installing the games, you can use NTRboot to boot into Luma as a one off and install the games via the home-brew launcher with FBI

may i just summarize it all? so, get cfw, use FBI to install the legit cias (i recommend using *snip*), after you installed all of the legit cias you want for free (i want miitopia,tomodachi life) you could unintstall cfw such as arm9loaderhax, luma3ds and godmode9 etc, and after its in its original firmware, the icons will still show the game, but how would i still play it? :( im sorry for asking too many questions...

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

Juni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ha ha, im back! Another question, i want to transfer my save data from miitopia demo to the full one, my miitopia game is a legit cia, will it work or not? :3

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd dump the save with checkpoint or something just in case. but if the demo saves, the full game probably has a routine to load demo saves, so it should import it automatically.

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
no (i think) its probably because your editing the file? Sorry...

thank you.
that's what i thought, but it didn't answer my question, but, Quantumcat liking your post did confirm this for me.
i knew that.. honestly,
when i read:

"If you decrypt the contents and edit the game"

i literally read,

"if you decrypt it AND edit the game, by doing the following."

not "you change the signature if you JUST decrypt it."

wording is important when it comes to technology :D

i suppose its common sense,

if a game comes from the CDN, its going to be encrypted. any change to its current structure would change the code, and nintys sigg wasn't applied to an decrypted game, therefor breaking the signature.

Wording cearp....wording ;)

Decrypting needs to be its own line.

Last edited by LowEndC,

Halfshadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I want to install own CIAS with hacked roms with working wireless functions. I hacked Gold Silver and Crystal. I tried to edit Crystal CIA. I discovered that the rom is uncompressed and can be overwrited in easy way trough the hex editor, but the hash don't longer match and FBI don't complete the installation. How I can fix it to install it with FBI? I tried to repack a new CIA with my hacked roms but I can't find .PATCH files with the wireless functions...

D

Deleted-236924

Is there something like a 'no-intro' set of updates/DLC's for 3DS? I have a large ROM collection that I can verify and organize using their datfiles, but I know a lot of games received updates and content post launch and would like my collection to be complete.

Old, and late, but no, this is not a thing, especially since not all CDN downloaders used the exact same templates for their tickets, so hashes can differ even if the contents and tmd are valid.

If you need to verify updates and dlc, use the CIA checker in GM9. As long as tmd is legit and the checks pass you're good.

Note that (standard) dumps made through GM9, while they work fine on console, they are not valid for archival purposes, because they are decrypted and no longer match original eShop contents. You can get all updates and dlc via ctrcdnfetch instead (in the case of dlc though, the CIA will likely fail to build if all the DLC is not yet available.)

Either that, or if you've bought the DLC or installed the updates yourself, you can make a (legit) dump through GM9, and zero out the console ID from the ticket. GM9 (legit) dumps retain all encryption, but you can't install a CIA which has a non-zero console ID in the ticket, so you have to zero it out (unless Luma updated at some point to patch out those checks.) This makes the ticket illegit, but it's the best you can realistically get if you want your dumps to be actually useable.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: