Hacking "What is a legit cia?" (and other noob CIA questions ANSWERED)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Alright I am a noob here and I am all getting setup and ready for my New3DS that came with Sysnand 9.4. My old 3DS XL 9.2 has a NNID linked in. So my best option is to load all the Legit CIA I can on it. Then using the code.bin spoofing method proceed to system transfer to the New3DS, that would would have been updated by now to 9.8. After doing that I would have all those legit CIAs on my N3DS with my NNID working correctly. So far so good right?
Now if I ever erase the games from with in the system, I would lose them foreever since I cannot redownload them from eshop.

My question is this: if I delete the games from the uSD directly to make space and then put them back at a later time will they still work? So in this way I can use the smaller SD card transfer method and just have to pull the sd card when make space and shuffle the data when I want to play the bigger games. Or better if I don't want involve the eshop in those CIA with he smaller SD card transfer method. I use a bigger uSD and do system transfer to that and then copy everything except the games to the smaller original SD card on the N3DS. So I would still have the option to shuffle the games on the SD card later on. Is this correct.

Thank you.
from what i read the legit cia games cannot be system transferred, they will show up on the other console, but aren't launch-able and you cant re-download them.....again not tested myself, but there was a few people trying to do this and afaik nobody got it to work apart from a few people who said it did......i get the impression one side of them was either telling porkies or just ding something wrong depending on who was right

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what i read the legit cia games cannot be system transferred, they will show up on the other console, but aren't launch-able and you cant re-download them.....again not tested myself, but there was a few people trying to do this and afaik nobody got it to work apart from a few people who said it did......i get the impression one side of them was either telling porkies or just ding something wrong depending on who was right

I know these Legit CIAs on the interenet do not transfer. However I did a quick test with a console that has MK7 on it from the store. It has NO NNID and 6.1 firmware. I went ahead and used rxtools 9.8 emunand and did a transfer to a non-hackable 3DS on 9.8. The game transferred over and starts. On my console I still have access to the Mk7 on sysnand.

After some thought I realized that it should of been this way as only my emunand transferred over. So I did a 2nd transfer and it worked again. So now in the end all 3 of the consoles: my hackable one and 2 other non-hackable ones have the Mk7 game.

Is there any downside to this as I assume that all have connected info after the transfer? Or does a quick format on the non-hackable ones after the transfer make them unique again?

I am curious to know as if this has no downsides I will just transfer what I can find of pre-installed games to my console and use this one as a way to give games to those who have non-hackable versions.

Last edited by Cavioe,

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hey i installed a few more legits on my new 3ds in emunand(linked) but they dont show up.... i only see my legit majora CIA that i installed months ago and FBI....what did i do wrong??

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Question: Would a system transfer from an O3DS merge with a preinstalled N3DS Monster Hunter 4, or it would just wipe it out? In theory the game should work as long as it's properly installed but does that change if the N3DS already has another NNID associated?

jochemali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I create a .cia from .3ds of MH4. I'm tried loading mh4.cia and the game not charging, wait for 10 minutes and anything happen... How can fix it? (I'm tried install with FBI and devmenu)

andrew weeks

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, i had Pasta CFW on my (formerly) 9.0.2 New3DS. I had a few CIAs installed on it, but in order to play smash bros and buy Ryu and Mewtwo, i updated to 9.5 and thenm 9.8. I lost ninjhax and those CIAs coudnt run EXCEPT FROM MARIO KART. Coud someone tell me how mario kart, a cia installed with bigbluemenu, was able to run in latest ORIGINAL FIRMWARE 9.8, without any ninjhax homebrew?

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi guys, i had Pasta CFW on my (formerly) 9.0.2 New3DS. I had a few CIAs installed on it, but in order to play smash bros and buy Ryu and Mewtwo, i updated to 9.5 and thenm 9.8. I lost ninjhax and those CIAs coudnt run EXCEPT FROM MARIO KART. Coud someone tell me how mario kart, a cia installed with bigbluemenu, was able to run in latest ORIGINAL FIRMWARE 9.8, without any ninjhax homebrew?
Probably because you used a legit cia of Mario Kart, which once installed can run without any kind of hacks, I've heard it even registers to your eshop account for redownloading.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
It was probably a legit cia

andrew weeks

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably because you used a legit cia of Mario Kart, which once installed can run without any kind of hacks, I've heard it even registers to your eshop account for redownloading.

Hmm thats interesting. Is there any way to convert any CIA into a legit CIA?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hmm thats interesting. Is there any way to convert any CIA into a legit CIA?
Yes, get Nintendo's signatures.

Shouldn't take you much more than 30 years to get a high-level job there and then put it on pastebin, and another 3 years for someone to use it.

Any way to convert counterfeit money into real money? :)
Money laundering.

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess so...
Need someone to rip it and release it
Like Euro...was done before...

USA doesn't have those. From my understanding all USA and EUR legit games have already been shared so if it is not on the list it was not a pre-installed game.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
USA doesn't have those. From my understanding all USA and EUR legit games have already been shared so if it is not on the list it was not a pre-installed game.
i don't think you understand how it works...
the more that noobs talk about it, and the more request topics on the iso site that get created, eventually a legit cia will materialize... ;)
cubic ninja and ocarina of time legit cia? don't stop believing guys... lol

Reactions: Hashtastrophe

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't think you understand how it works...
the more that noobs talk about it, and the more request topics on the iso site that get created, eventually a legit cia will materialize... ;)
cubic ninja and ocarina of time legit cia? don't stop believing guys... lol

So are you implying that you have sucessfully converted one of those and are waiting to share till the right time?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.