Hacking "What is a legit cia?" (and other noob CIA questions ANSWERED)

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The titlekey comes from the ticket (which is always included in a cia, but may be bad/fake depending on the source)
The seed is never included in the cia, that's the whole point of having this extra key -- get an updated seeddb from the titlekey site

Since the release of B9S, the bootrom [keys] were dumped, and you can also decrypt games directly on PC

Run FBI via CFW (installed then removed, or ran directly from ntrboot) or via soundhax if on supported version, install cia, profit

Sorry but didn't understand.
Can you elaborate better for me? Got me confused

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry but didn't understand.
Can you elaborate better for me? Got me confused
To install a (legit) cia you need a title manager (like FBI) with the right permissions (given by CFW or an arm11 exploit), but once installed you don't need the installing tools anymore

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To install a (legit) cia you need a title manager (like FBI) with the right permissions (given by CFW or an arm11 exploit), but once installed you don't need the installing tools anymore
Lol, I know how to install legit .cia dude.

That not what i was talking about. I was talking where peoples in action sites found Zeldas Games (USA) Legit .cia, becouse there is no such games!

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
or plain false advertising
Well here the point.

Why sell 21 "original" games and include all 19 real Legit .cia and 2 fakes?

Doesn't make any sense.

could do a CFW, hide from user and sell with any great games, but no, it's 19 Legit and 2 Zeldas.

So i think maybe somehow this 2 games are running with no cfw

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well here the point.

Why sell 21 "original" games and include all 19 real Legit .cia and 2 fakes?

Doesn't make any sense.

could do a CFW, hide from user and sell with any great games, but no, it's 19 Legit and 2 Zeldas.

So i think maybe somehow this 2 games are running with no cfw
They're not. Buy one and find out.

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a game that isn't on freeshop, but that I downloaded and now have the .cia file. How do I install the game? Which folder on my SD-card do I transfer the game to?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I have a game that isn't on freeshop, but that I downloaded and now have the .cia file. How do I install the game? Which folder on my SD-card do I transfer the game to?
If you have the cia, just put it on the sd card, and install. It doesn't matter what folder it is.
Just use devmenu or fbi to install it.

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: RookieKid

zdw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't updated anything in a while, so I have an old version of FBI. Problem is, I can't update it from the app because of the whole github thing. So how should I go about it? Should I uninstall my FBI, inject the latest version into H&S and reinstall? Or is there an easier way?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't updated anything in a while, so I have an old version of FBI. Problem is, I can't update it from the app because of the whole github thing. So how should I go about it? Should I uninstall my FBI, inject the latest version into H&S and reinstall? Or is there an easier way?
Download the .cia and install it, or replace the 3dsx in the 3ds folder.
Don't need to inject into H&S anymore. If you have A9LH you should update to B9S (if you have FBI injected into H&S you may have A9LH as it was common to do that in the past).

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have just come across this. Quite a lot of pages to go through and this has probably been asked already so I apologise in advance.

What is a fake CIA?
How do people use CIAs that are floating around on the net if the original CIA comes with a signature that would only allow it to be played on the owners console?

What are the risks of using someone else's CIA file?

I'm currently reading up on installing CFW on my 2ds only to be able to play CIA files. If I follow https://3ds.hacks.guide/ am I good to go?

Completely new to the scene.

Last edited by Youser,

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Have just come across this. Quite a lot of pages to go through and this has probably been asked already so I apologise in advance.

What is a fake CIA?
How do people use CIAs that are floating around on the net if the original CIA comes with a signature that would only allow it to be played on the owners console?

What are the risks of using someone else's CIA file?

I'm currently reading up on installing CFW on my 2ds only to be able to play CIA files. If I follow https://3ds.hacks.guide/ am I good to go?

Completely new to the scene.
Now, most people get cias from CIAngel/freeshop.
Before, this wasn't the case and some cias were put together not using the wrong key.
It doesn't make a big difference, but using the same key as Nintendo does for that game, native game updates will work. If the key was wrong, the official updates won't work.

Hacks and patches to the system ignore the incorrect signatures. This is why you need to hack your 3ds to play backups etc.

There's no real risk.

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now, most people get cias from CIAngel/freeshop.
Before, this wasn't the case and some cias were put together not using the wrong key.
It doesn't make a big difference, but using the same key as Nintendo does for that game, native game updates will work. If the key was wrong, the official updates won't work.

Hacks and patches to the system ignore the incorrect signatures. This is why you need to hack your 3ds to play backups etc.

There's no real risk.

What is CIAngel & Freeshop? Are they things I need to install and use to download CIAs through the console? Any noob guide for this?

Thank you for your response.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1