1. Cytrex

OP Cytrex Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I checked on the EZ Flash website under dealers, but most of the websites listed there are down. I live in the Netherlands. Any suggestions on where to buy an official cart is welcome

2. Sterophonick

Sterophonick GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Try Amazon. I got mine for around $45 USD. Not that bad for a flash cartridge.

wonkeytonk and veikkos like this.
  3. Cytrex

OP Cytrex Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Thanks, it seems that the seller on amazon.de and .uk is also on the list of recommended dealers, so I placed an order there.

Out of curiosity, are the sellers on aliexpress selling genuine carts? Their prices are a lot lower.

4. Sterophonick

Sterophonick GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I haven't really been on AliExpress looking for them, so I can't say for sure.

5. Skyhigh_

Skyhigh_ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    some are legit on aliexpress but beware some are selling reforms ( older version that had a couple of issues) carts with omega shells

I think for you its best to buy from European dealer because in case you ever do need a replacement they can support you. It will be hard for a north American or Asian dealer to support you in case of replacement , plus transit times..

Last edited by Skyhigh_, May 2, 2020
  6. bdfriend

bdfriend Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyone know if Ezflashomega dot com is a legit site?

7. EZ-Flash2

EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

China
    I suggest choosing a local dealer in the dealer list on the official website. You can have a better warranty service. In case you buy a defective product (please forgive me for not being confident), you can easily replace it.

8. playstays_shun

playstays_shun GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Do people still recommend this over the everdrive x5 mini

9. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    If you're willing to pay the premium and don't need the additional features like savestates or cheats, I'd recommend the everdrive x5 over the omega - the "traditional" SRAM saving method requires less attention from the user than on the omega.

If you want the card with the most features that is also considerably more affordable (the omega is usually less than half the price of the x5) and don't mind taking extra care when saving a game, I'd go for the omega.

Chano likes this.
  10. playstays_shun

United States
    it’s the lack of in game reset that may sway me towards omega and price. Just not sure I want to shell out $100 for a GBA Cart, Even tho I think krikzz makes awesome stuff

Last edited by playstays_shun, Jun 4, 2020
  11. playstays_shun

United States
    Is it true omega requires xp? Or just if I wanna flash the kernel and firmware ?

If I just wanna load up a MicroSD can I patch gba’s to work with it and load them up from win10? You do have to patch the files right? Thanks

12. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    Doesn't need xp, or any particular operating system, you just need to put files on the SD card. No patching needed, just copy the roms over, and you can just put the kernel file on the card and hold R when booting to update.

playstays_shun likes this.
  13. playstays_shun

United States
    is it worth updating the firmware?

I researched and the omega def doesn't need any patching. Must be the earlier ez’s where you had to

getting an AGB'101' with EZ Omega and Everdrive X3, ordered all recently. Net $100 at least for the flashcarts. seems like the way to go / a happy compromise, at least until an x5 mini sale or x7 even possibly.

was originally looking for an AGS101 SP but got a good deal on this system and its a cool color scheme

Last edited by playstays_shun, Jun 6, 2020
  14. EvilJagaGenius

Newcomer

United States
    Yes, it's worth updating the firmware and kernel, it fixes bugs. For me, I've had ROMs that wouldn't boot using the fast patch engine start working, and I've heard from other people that their save issues got better after a firmware update.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - purchase, ezflash, place