What is 4.3(roc) when i try to fix my korea wii 003error problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by wwj_wwj, Jan 18, 2017.

1. wwj_wwj
    OP

wwj_wwj Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    Switzerland
    what is system 4.3(roc)? not 4.3(j),4.3(u),4.3(e)
    it is on the right bottom of the screen and display 4.3(roc)
    excuse my english
    english is not my first language

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Sounds like a patched system menu for China? I think Wii system menu was only produced for NTSC-U, NSTC-J, PAL and Korea.

3. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    "roc" would imply Republic of China, aka Taiwan. I know the Korean models have different sets of system menus (and the separate Korean key), but I haven't heard of that with Taiwan models. (The system was officially released in Taiwan on July 12, 2008.)

EDIT: The ninupdates report for TWN shows v512 for the System Menu, which is the same as JPN.

Last edited by GerbilSoft, Jan 18, 2017
  4. wwj_wwj
    OP

wwj_wwj Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    Switzerland
    thanks guys
    it should be Republic of China,big possibility
    The thing is that
    my system menu was chinese language but into the system config menu it's 4.1J,and my wii is korea wii,because the sn Number initial is "LKM"
    one day i want to upgrade my wii to 4.3J OR 4.3U
    first I use dopmii to upgrade my wii's system menu to 4.1K but when it's done,i can't get into it,when i click the system config button it's just black screen
    second time i try to upgrade my wii's system menu to 4.3U dopmii waring me that's not my wii region but i still do it,and finally as you know my wii turn to a 003error brick
    and then when i try to fix the 003error problem it's display 4.3(roc) that's a strange version because i dont know what's roc is for,i know e for europe,j for japan,k for korea,u for us,but what's roc so i came here to ask question and get's answer thanks you guys again
    sorry for my english again , because that's not my first language

5. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    If you have BootMii and can access HBC and Dop-Mii, try installing 4.3K and IOS80.

There's no point in installing a diferent region System Menu nowadays because loaders (e.g. USB Loader GX) support region-free loading.

6. wwj_wwj
    OP

wwj_wwj Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    Switzerland
    i just want to upgrade the whole system to 4.3 whatever version