coen22

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dsigamemaker.tk
XP
Country
Netherlands
There are a lot of versions of cioses but which one is the best for disc backup loading?
I used the settings on the 'mod 4.3 or below' but super mario galaxy 2 didn't work

And which loader is the best?

I am on 4.3 now, I've updated with waninkoko's Updater 4.3
I've got cios rev21 fix v2

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disc backup loading requires you to either do 4 things.

(1) you could apply the Priiloader hack FORCE GAMES TO RUN UNDER IOS249; which all burnt games will now run from the disc channel as long as you have the said cIOS installed.

(2) you can patched the said IOS of which ever game you need to run and it will also run from the disc channel.

(3) you can use neogamma to load all your disc. i have not used neogamma in a long time however but i know it worked well when i did use it.

(4) you can use almost any USB loader to play burnt games. uLoader supports Disc loader, so does CFG Loader and USBLoaderGX.

Any cIOS should be able to run a burnt game from the USB Loader but cIOS249 is often used not sure which revision is best, someone should be able to tell you but my 2 fav cIOS249/250 is rev17&21. Like i said if not then just patch the IOS that the game uses to run and you will be able to load it by Disc Channel.

Hope this helps.
smile.gif

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend you install 249dx56 and 250dx57 and use NeoGamma to load your disc backups.

It should also be noted that newer Wii systems cannot run disc backups. For these systems, one's only options are to use USB loading or completely replace the disc drive.

coen22

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dsigamemaker.tk
XP
Country
Netherlands
kylster said:

(1) you could apply the Priiloader hack FORCE GAMES TO RUN UNDER IOS249; which all burnt games will now run from the disc channel as long as you have the said cIOS installed.

(2) you can patched the said IOS of which ever game you need to run and it will also run from the disc channel.

(3) you can use neogamma to load all your disc. i have not used neogamma in a long time however but i know it worked well when i did use it.

(4) you can use almost any USB loader to play burnt games. uLoader supports Disc loader, so does CFG Loader and USBLoaderGX.

Any cIOS should be able to run a burnt game from the USB Loader but cIOS249 is often used not sure which revision is best, someone should be able to tell you but my 2 fav cIOS249/250 is rev17&21. Like i said if not then just patch the IOS that the game uses to run and you will be able to load it by Disc Channel.

Hope this helps.
smile.gif

How do I patch my disc channel ios?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
coen22 said:
kylster said:

Hope this helps.
smile.gif

How do I patch my disc channel ios?

With priiloader installed.

Before you go any further, please checkout the Modmii sticky in the Wii hacking thread.
Use this programm to hack your Wii the best way possible.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes modmii is the best program and easiest program to use if your going to pc route
smile.gif
if you dont want to remove your sd card to copy files over and then place your sd card back into your wii. grab the homebrew app called dop-mii i think v15 (non-wiibrew edition) and this homebrew basicly installs any IOS below 200 with options to patch them.

since you just want to patch your disc channel ios install Priiloader and grab the hash.hacks files and place it on the root of your sd card or the apps/priiloader folder depending if you have the current version or not.

you can use modmii also to obtain priiloader and priiloader hacks
smile.gif
definitely your #1 source for wii unless you like testing beta like me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like to interact with my smut ok