Hacking What IOS does the NTSC News Channel, and Forcast Channel run on for Wii?

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been looking everywhere to figure out how to delete the title properly using AnyTitle Deleter MOD so far it is not looking to good.

Went here to see if I could find anything, and I know it runs on IOS 39 (Unuo Weather Channel, and those channel's you can't delete.) http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS_History but it does not tell me what code they run off of.

Also I am using this mod, it is claimed to be "better" then the original "Any Title Deleter"
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter_MOD

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use ShowMiiWads to find the requested IOS for titles.

News = IOS31
Photo 1.1 = IOS61

I'm not sure about the Forecast channel. The NAND dump on my PC I'm looking at already has it removed. :)

You don't want to delete the IOSes. Just the title. AnyTitle MOD has a file to help identify channels.

This is one of those homebrew apps that can completely brick your Wii so be extremely careful with it (or just avoid it.)

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use ShowMiiWads to find the requested IOS for titles.

News = IOS31
Photo 1.1 = IOS61

I'm not sure about the Forecast channel. The NAND dump on my PC I'm looking at already has it removed. :)

You don't want to delete the IOSes. Just the title. AnyTitle MOD has a file to help identify channels.

This is one of those homebrew apps that can completely brick your Wii so be extremely careful with it (or just avoid it.)

Well I looked on the AnyTitle Deleter MOD, and it doesn't seem like it's legitmately shown to you with the name. The app just works more as a Utillity to delete certain parts of the system. Edit: What's the code to the channels?

I would use the AnyTitle Deleter method but you said delete the title. Not the IOS. How do I get into the title to delete it?

Also I stumbled upon a thread the other day on here noting that it's not possible to remove unless you have some type of WAD that blocks the app from updating, and installing it's self in the system again (occurs when you load a game disc.) The Forcast Channel apparently helps emulation stay at a high FPS Rate with The News channel.

Can I have some confirmation on this?

Last edited by petethepug,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well I looked on the AnyTitle Deleter MOD, and it doesn't seem like it's legitmately shown to you with the name. The app just works more as a Utillity to delete certain parts of the system. Edit: What's the code to the channels?

I would use the AnyTitle Deleter method but you said delete the title. Not the IOS. How do I get into the title to delete it?

Also I stumbled upon a thread the other day on here noting that it's not possible to remove unless you have some type of WAD that blocks the app from updating, and installing it's self in the system again (occurs when you load a game disc.) The Forcast Channel apparently helps emulation stay at a high FPS Rate with The News channel.

Can I have some confirmation on this?
You can use a WAD file of the channel to uninstall it, that's the safest way to do it, and block updates with Priiloader though I don't think uninstalling the forecast channel will make disc games prompt for an update as it doesn't check the system that thoroughly. If you want to uninstall the IOSes used you have to make doubly sure that nothing else uses that IOS first.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use a WAD file of the channel to uninstall it, that's the safest way to do it, and block updates with Priiloader though I don't think uninstalling the forecast channel will make disc games prompt for an update as it doesn't check the system that thoroughly. If you want to uninstall the IOSes used you have to make doubly sure that nothing else uses that IOS first.

I don't plan on uninstalling the system IOS Files. Just to prevent in-functional problems. Also what do you mean by updating discs?

Installing the WAD for Forcast, and News Channel will basically make it so game discs don't save properly, or play?

Also something fishy is going on here with the context of some words being used on this thread

"though I don't think uninstalling the Forcast channel will make disc games prompt for an update..." "Though I don't think" though implying that I already have the Forcast channel, and my disc channel currently works fine along with game updates... Wat?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't plan on uninstalling the system IOS Files. Just to prevent in-functional problems. Also what do you mean by updating discs?

Installing the WAD for Forcast, and News Channel will basically make it so game discs don't save properly, or play?

Also something fishy is going on here with the context of some words being used on this thread

"though I don't think uninstalling the Forcast channel will make disc games prompt for an update..." "Though I don't think" though implying that I already have the Forcast channel, and my disc channel currently works fine along with game updates... Wat?
Huh? I was just responding to what you said.
I thought you wanted to uninstall the channels?

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh? I was just responding to what you said.
I thought you wanted to uninstall the channels?

I do. But I'm just concerned becuase it's a normal part of the hardware on the Wii.

Also I get a little iffy when dealing with things that may change the Wii in anyway becuase I have two of my younger sisters who use it as well. But on topic

In your grammar you stated "though" implying if I don't uninstall the Forcast Channel it will mess with my game saves, but I'm guessing you had made a typo meaning the exact opposite...

Either I'm missing something here, or this is just me misintripiting what you just said...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I do. But I'm just concerned becuase it's a normal part of the hardware on the Wii.

Also I get a little iffy when dealing with things that may change the Wii in anyway becuase I have two of my younger sisters who use it as well. But on topic

In your grammar you stated "though" implying if I don't uninstall the Forcast Channel it will mess with my game saves, but I'm guessing you had made a typo meaning the exact opposite...

Either I'm missing something here, or this is just me misintripiting what you just said...
I don't think that's what "though" means, you must have misunderstood something.
I never even said anything about game saves.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that's what "though" means, you must have misunderstood something.
I never even said anything about game saves.

What I am trying to say is; I am asking for clarification on your sentence "though I don't think uninstalling the Forcast Channel will make games prompt for an update..." Means what exactly...

I pointed out "though..." Becuase it implys "Although", or "However" in Modern English Grammer, and since I have social anxiety, and I like to check in with some people I get crazy when dealing with English termanlogy (ecsipscally with hacking, or coding.)

Now that I realize it I did misinterpret it. I'm sorry that's my bad, I'm sick and I have not been feeling good for about three weeks so... Moving forward, what did you mean by disc updates?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Get the WAD files for News, Forecast and Photo with NUS Downloader.
2. Put them on an SD in a folder called "wads" along with a mod manager.
3. Point the WAD manager at the files and tell it to uninstall them instead of installing them.

I've said this before in one of your threads. Do not mess with any IOS under 200. There is absolutely no need to ever.

If you're concerned with these three channels and a child, don't be. They don't work anyway. Their services have been shut down for over two years.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Get the WAD files for News, Forecast and Photo with NUS Downloader.
2. Put them on an SD in a folder called "wads" along with a mod manager.
3. Point the WAD manager at the files and tell it to uninstall them instead of installing them.

I've said this before in one of your threads. Do not mess with any IOS under 200. There is absolutely no need to ever.

If you're concerned with these three channels and a child, don't be. They don't work anyway. Their services have been shut down for over two years.

Alright will do,
Do you know the title of the WAD?
I have used NUS Downloader before, and its a pain in the butt finding the correct items sometimes. I can't get on my PC at the moment so... just so I get an idea of what I am looking for in future reference.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What I am trying to say is; I am asking for clarification on your sentence "though I don't think uninstalling the Forcast Channel will make games prompt for an update..." Means what exactly...

I pointed out "though..." Becuase it implys "Although", or "However" in Modern English Grammer, and since I have social anxiety, and I like to check in with some people I get crazy when dealing with English termanlogy (ecsipscally with hacking, or coding.)

Now that I realize it I did misinterpret it. I'm sorry that's my bad, I'm sick and I have not been feeling good for about three weeks so... Moving forward, what did you mean by disc updates?
It was a response to this "it's not possible to remove unless you have some type of WAD that blocks the app from updating, and installing it's self in the system again (occurs when you load a game disc.)"
And as I was saying, I don't think that's true.

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright,
So I went into NUSD Downloader, and went into the following;
Database... -> System -> News Channel (Selected Pack WAD, Keep Encrypted Contents, Use local files if present.) Downloaded it, and it went into the default "titles" folder (without quotes.)

When I deleted the WAD it had brought up a completely new channel named "Wii News Channel" with a completely different look on it with a warning saying "You must perform the system menu update to use this content", same thing with the Forcast Channel AKA Weather.

I was wondering if these can be deleted as well. I have "Block Disk Updates.", and "Block online updates" on.
I'm assuming if you run the channel it will put you back into the Wii main menu, or update the system. So I haven't touched that. Only thing I think that can stop it realy would be having a WAD which completely blocks Nintendo from adding it back.

Now I am kind of concerned here. :unsure:

petethepug

PUG
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found a solution.
I will post it once I get on my PC. It was actually an easy fix, you actually need to get in, and remove the application in any title Deleter DB (for best results.) But you can use any other one if you want.

Edit: uninstall the WAD File first though with the above method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol