What init fails: 0(1) mean? Sdcard info Hekate

Perrito123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a switch Mariko V2 with lexar SD 1tb and 12.1.0 I have all working fine but on hekate sdcard information says init fails :0(1) does someone know what it means?

Btw I did downgrade from 13.0.0 to 12.1.0 because I was getting random black screens after the atmosphere logo

I hope someone can help me. To understand what this picture mean

Attachments

• IMG_20211101_203714.jpg
    IMG_20211101_203714.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 158

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just mean the SD card failed to initialize, meaning either the card is going bad, or the SD card ready in the unit is wonky.

Perrito123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It just mean the SD card failed to initialize, meaning either the card is going bad, or the SD card ready in the unit is wonky.
I have tried with another SD card 512gb SanDisk and it says 0 of 0, but the lexar SD card new of 1tb I bought from ali have this from the very beginning, it still working all fine no problems at all regards to functionality, should I worry?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried with another SD card 512gb SanDisk and it says 0 of 0, but the lexar SD card new of 1tb I bought from ali have this from the very beginning, it still working all fine no problems at all regards to functionality, should I worry?

Well if it is from Ali Express you should be worry, you need to test the card with it being empty with H2testw (windows), F3X (mac) to verify the card is good.

Perrito123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well if it is from Ali Express you should be worry, you need to test the card with it being empty with H2testw (windows), F3X (mac) to verify the card is good.
I did not instead I check the speeds with Hekate and all seemed ok, I mean the card is full and no problems since 5 months ago has been working, it is just that doubt when I see the init fail :0(1)

Attachments

• IMG_20211015_193610.jpg
    IMG_20211015_193610.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 203

Perrito123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You need to verify the card instead prior to first use.
Ouch too late now :S it is more than 5 months,. Btw init fails: 0(1) what technically mean? If all have been working nicely until now this error could mean that my SD card will die soon? On other hand 12.1.0 and below have been working fabulous for me in emunand, but from 13.0.0 above I may get random blackcreens after atmosphere logo, so for example I can boot 3 times of 5, I really discard it is a SD card problem because when I returned to 12.1.0 all worked fine again, just asking because of curiosity thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouch too late now :S it is more than 5 months,. Btw init fails: 0(1) what technically mean? If all have been working nicely until now this error could mean that my SD card will die soon? On other hand 12.1.0 and below have been working fabulous for me in emunand, but from 13.0.0 above I may get random blackcreens after atmosphere logo, so for example I can boot 3 times of 5, I really discard it is a SD card problem because when I returned to 12.1.0 all worked fine again, just asking because of curiosity thanks
You should still check the validity of the SD card with FakeFlashTest.

Djakku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It could also be the sd card reader itself that is dying out. I've had a similar iasue ans replaced the sdcard reader of the switch. Hopefully it's just a bad sdcard but don't rule out hardware issue. My suggestion would be to test with a decent sd card and see if the issue persist. If it does, then replace the sdcard reader kn you switch.

Perrito123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It could also be the sd card reader itself that is dying out. I've had a similar iasue ans replaced the sdcard reader of the switch. Hopefully it's just a bad sdcard but don't rule out hardware issue. My suggestion would be to test with a decent sd card and see if the issue persist. If it does, then replace the sdcard reader kn you switch.
The card has been working week since I bought so maybe better no touch anything?

Djakku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't speak for that. I'm just stating that it might be a hardware issue too.

That why since hekate is great as bootloader because you can't mount the card from the switch without having to remove it everytime.

It's up to you to try with another SD or keep using the old one.

This is an old thread below. Might give you some pointers.

Thread 'Hekate SD failed to init - 256gb SD card *problem UNSOLVED*' https://gbatemp.net/threads/hekate-sd-failed-to-init-256gb-sd-card-problem-unsolved.547574/

Blackn1f3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I been getting 1bit mode for a while but blowing it like old games seamed to work for a while now I'm getting SDMMC1 Errors:/Init fails: 3 (3) no idea how to fix I can't afford to replace sd atm and all the pins on the reader is there even tryed my old fix for psp memory cards to get better contact by superglue bit of paper to it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...