What, in your opinion, was the biggest moment in the hacking scene community ?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,819
  • Replies 32
  • Likes 3
D

Deleted User

OP
I think... the most important part of tge hacking history... is when the Wii got hacked with ye-old Twili-Hack and IndianaPawns.

I feel like before these things came out, nothing else existed as a community.
Like... you could have any other console (pre-Wii) and that was it... nothing interesting going on.

Why the Wii Hacking Scene has been around since 2006?
It's been almost 15 years since those days, and we're still playing with our Wiis.

The Wii to me, is like the base for everything that is now... the holy grail in terms if community as a whole. The Wii is the reason why many people is here on GBATemp, and the reason why MANY people has taken Coding as a career option... ir at least has lead to interest of learning ut.

Reactions: Reynardine

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I think... the most important part of tge hacking history... is when the Wii got hacked with ye-old Twili-Hack and IndianaPawns.

I feel like before these things came out, nothing else existed as a community.
Like... you could have any other console (pre-Wii) and that was it... nothing interesting going on.
Except the original Xbox had a massive hacking scene and community that's existed since like 2002? Same for the PSP, too, had a huge community that existed before the Wii got it's Twilight hack in 2008 (although PSP stuff has wound down a bit recently). The Wii definitely wasn't the first huge scene, nor is it the longest lasting.

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
All Consoles/handhelds have different communities for the most part, so different moments.

For me, It was Armloader9Hax for the 3ds, not having to mess with the finicky Menuhax was amazing. I remember when you had to go downgrade, and mess with your nand back up, good ol' days :')

Reactions: DSoryu

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Except the original Xbox had a massive hacking scene and community that's existed since like 2002? Same for the PSP, too, had a huge community that existed before the Wii got it's Twilight hack in 2008 (although PSP stuff has wound down a bit recently). The Wii definitely wasn't the first huge scene, nor is it the longest lasting.
yeah i feel like the fact that kodi became such a staple media player is testiment to what impact the original Xbox had in terms of expanding out beyond its original home (arguably becoming bigger than the console it originated on), i was actually pretty sad when they dropped the XBMC title, it was always funny hearing people talk about XBMC and not knowing the XB stood for xbox :rofl:

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: WeedZ

DeoNaught

Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i was actually pretty sad when they dropped the XBMC title, it was always funny hearing people talk about XBMC and not knowing the XB stood for xbox :rofl:
That's actually the first time I've heard of that, and just thought it was named XBMC because it sounded cool. xD

Reactions: WeedZ

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The succession of these events in the 3DS scene:

• The big 3DS Fundraiser Fiasco that raised thousands of money and suddenly vanished into oblivion, and months after that, completely unrelated and anything but suspicious, Gateway Team released the first ever way to pirate games on the 3DS.
  • Some people in the 3DS scene managed to reverse engine the sig patches GW used and started to create CFW, despite high reputed devs having their own already.
  • Smealum revealing the first comercial game exploit to give access to some functionalities to the system: Cubic Ninja. Homebrew Launcher made it's way to the public, allowing homebrew-only.
  • Then, the first ever known method to install DevMenu (a leaked binary and a dangerous method to install, you had to harmod your 3DS).
  • The first CFW's (but still without sig-patches), the well known RX-Tools, CakesFW, among others.
  • Sigpatches leaked, and Roxas (RXTools dev) left the scene, making RXTools with sig patches available to everyone in some form of ragequit.
  • Followed by ReiNAND, another CFW with various fixes and better compatibility with newer firmwares.
  • SaltyCFW existence was made public, as a way to make a fully featured CFW to allow, apart from sigpatches, gamehacks loading thgorugh SD directly without any other add-on.
  • Aurora forged AureiNAND based on ReiNAND, and after a lot of work and being completely made from the ground again (hence is name change) we got...
  • Luma3DS, which eventually, after many many updates and work, got custom sysmodule support through Rosalina.

I know that most people will say that the great deal with the 3DS hacking era was A9lh and b9s, but man, their predecessors led to a lot of drama and controversy.

Last edited by DSoryu,

DeoNaught

Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I know that most people will say that the great deal with the 3DS hacking era was A9lh and b9s, but man, their predecessors led to a lot of drama and controversy.
Imo, A9lh and B9s was like the golden Age, and everything before was just leading up to it

Reactions: Deleted User

Parax342

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty self explanatory. Really any part of the community can be commented (The release of Cydia, Cubic ninja being cracked, etc.)
honestly, probably when action replay devices came out for the NES/Genesis. It's what started the idea of modding game consoles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1