• Likes 2

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if sopa is passed i will move next to the us/canada border and run an ethernet cable out my window into my canadian neigbors house (i will use a long cable lol) without him knowing, and use their internet :)

Reactions: 2 people

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd probably start a website and blog about things that would get me arrested for violating SOPA. For my trial, I would do something that forces me to be my own lawyer, then I would basically say one thing: "If I'm REALLY being tried for saying something on the internet, then you're violating my freedom of speech."

Reactions: 6 people

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kill the people who run sopa each and everyone of them and make sure there is not a single CELL of them left on god's green earth. and there kids and kid's kids and so on....

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most people are going to be jocular about this topic, so it's better suited to the EoF.

However, for the people taking it a bit more seriously:
http://www.reddit.com/r/darknetplan

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been contemplating flat-out moving to Canada for years now, but it'd just be so expensive to do. Still, it's not like there's much other than cash flow and job opportunities stopping me. Cold wouldn't bother me, I've gone northern Michigan winters exclusively using a hoodie as a coat. I used to figure the ISPs limiting the monthly download total would but me, but over the last year my local ISP has made Canadian limits look luxurious. I doubt SOPA or PIPA will actually pass, but if they do I figure I'm going to actually start looking seriously at emigrating to Canada, if they'll have me and I can scrap some money together.

Reactions: 1 person

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm already downloading loads of lolicon before they're all gone. After that...?
1. Download Lolicon
2. SOPA gets passed
3. Move to Canada
4. ???
5. Profit! (if by profit you mean get thrown in jail)
I never said I'd move to Canada. :V

EDIT: the "after that" implies to something that I would do with the lolicon hentai.

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will a really long cord from St. Paul reach your house? :creep:
any cord will work if its long enough :)
Wrong.

Even conducting metals resist electricity. And the internet, which is basically just data transfer, is electricity. Conducting electricity without losing any energy due to resistence is super conductivity, a state of condictivity that is only possible sofar by metals that are super chilled to negative temperatures (negative temperatures that not even the the northest part of Canada can get down to). You'll need super conductivity for internet to travel from over the border via long-ass cable (especially since the ethernet cord itself isn't high voltage/110-220V). Otherwise, you'll get either no inernet or very little/slow/inconsistent internet.

Without a magical super-conducting ethernet cord, the electricity in the cord carrying the internet will dicipate in the cord before it can reach your computer.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality