Gaming What if...

fenthwick

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So i was thinking that a lot of games lack the wifi ability but thave the area connect function, depending on the communication type the ds uses shouldn't it be possible to create a program(for the computer) that fakes a ds but the other people are in other countries? You know like hamachi makes your computer think it's in a LAN. But of course i'm assuming that the ds uses a wireless thing or bluetooth(not sure tho), if that's the case then it should be possible if someone has the programming knowledge and time.

-Just a guy hoping for something like this
wink2.gif

BTW sorry if this has been brought up before.

acrocosm

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
o.O' what do you mean?? fake it so that the ds thinks it's on a ds lan? and if yes then what would be the point ? and what's the point of hamachi on the first place??

sillypatterson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he wants to know if there's a way to fool your DS into doing local wireless with people far away through some sort of tunneler application.

I don't think it's probable. The local wireless connections are over Bluetooth, not Wifi, if I'm not mistaken, and they've got a much higher data transfer rate, which is why we can have 8-player Mario Kart and Battle Mode and other stuff not available on Wifi.

I'd be more interested in faking NWFC so I could play the handful of games where they made a Wifi option, but not local wireless.

acrocosm

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I think he wants to know if there's a way to fool your DS into doing local wireless with people far away through some sort of tunneler application.

I don't think it's probable. The local wireless connections are over Bluetooth, not Wifi, if I'm not mistaken, and they've got a much higher data transfer rate, which is why we can have 8-player Mario Kart and Battle Mode and other stuff not available on Wifi.

I'd be more interested in faking NWFC so I could play the handful of games where they made a Wifi option, but not local wireless.

ah i see yeah that would be nice
wub.gif

sillypatterson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, there's no bluetooth on the DS, every wireless communication is made with Wi-Fi.

You're right, I think that I was getting it confused with the WiiMote, which -does- use Bluetooth.

But the fact remains, they haven't cracked the DS-to-DS protocol, which uses RSA encyption... which is why we've got homebrew which uses Wifi, but none that connects 2 DSes.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunnel, hm I've heard that word before... *looks in the archive*. Seems like a few people tried, but they never finished; either lost interest, busy with other projects and some turned out to be fake, I don't know much about it really. Either way, it hasn't been done yet.

Edit: the post above this (which sneaked in while I was writing
happy.gif
) makes a good point, I'd never noticed that there were no homebrews that could link locally but now you mention it, I think you're right.

acrocosm

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I think he wants to know if there's a way to fool your DS into doing local wireless with people far away through some sort of tunneler application.Tunnel, hm I've heard that word before... *looks in the archive*. Seems like a few people tried, but they never finished; either lost interest, busy with other projects and some turned out to be fake, I don't know much about it really. Either way, it hasn't been done yet.

Edit: the post above this (which sneaked in while I was writing
happy.gif
) makes a good point, I'd never noticed that there were no homebrews that could link locally but now you mention it, I think you're right.

i'd say there doesn't seem to be any light in the tunnel yet then ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father