Gaming What if the Wii had Achievements?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just a thought, just wanted to put it out there. The 360 has achievements and the PS3 has trophies, but what if the Wii had some sort of point system like that? Why wouldn't Nintendo want to do it, because they don't want to be like Microsoft or Sony? It's just my opinion but I think it'd be cool to have something like that.

jlj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bleep bloop achievement unlocked
tongue.gif
meh not too fussed no-one can see them because the friends system sucks

ZeD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
they should have "stars" which you unlock as you play. They you view them in a galaxy view (like mario) but friend system sucks big time lol

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MegaMan 9 actually has an achievement system. But it's about the only thing on the Wii I know of remotely related to achievements. Actually, the only reason it probably does have achievements is because the game is also on XBLA and PSN, and Capcom was probably lazy about removing them, so they "left" them into the Wii version. Although it's a lot less significant because you don't get any Gamer Points.

mucus

Orc Orc Orc
Trophies
XP
Country
What if?
What if Wii had Wiiwins or whatever they'd call it?
IT would make no difference to me. These points don't matter for anything on the other systems. What would they matter on the Wii? It would just be an annoyance, I don't really get it on the other systems.
The Wii could probably handle it, but why? What would it acheive for that?

Let me answer my own questions:
Wiiwins would do nothing. Just like on the other systems it would just be there for bragging rights. Wii is supposed to be more family oreitned and I don't think that this would fit into their overall long term strategy. None of the games that are out now would handle it, they have no programming built in for it. So even if something this were to be introduced it would only work with games that are specific for it; take the DSi for example, it has great technology, but it's only compatible with new gmaes that have the technology built it...it's not very useful.

What would we gain with Wiiwins?
Well, we could finally say to our friends, I did better than you at "blah."
I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm better than my friends (which is all the time of course) I take them to my place and show them just how good I am, points are meaningless when somebody who's never played "blah" before is able to kick your butt. But the gain would be, you don't have to spend as much time with your friends.

final analysis

Forget Wiiwins. They would be just as lame as the system itself.

~mucus (haven't played my wii in months)

mucus

Orc Orc Orc
Trophies
XP
Country
What if?
What if Wii had Wiiwins or whatever they'd call it?
IT would make no difference to me. These points don't matter for anything on the other systems. What would they matter on the Wii? It would just be an annoyance, I don't really get it on the other systems.
The Wii could probably handle it, but why? What would it acheive for that?

Let me answer my own questions:
Wiiwins would do nothing. Just like on the other systems it would just be there for bragging rights. Wii is supposed to be more family oreitned and I don't think that this would fit into their overall long term strategy. None of the games that are out now would handle it, they have no programming built in for it. So even if something this were to be introduced it would only work with games that are specific for it; take the DSi for example, it has great technology, but it's only compatible with new gmaes that have the technology built it...it's not very useful.

What would we gain with Wiiwins?
Well, we could finally say to our friends, I did better than you at "blah."
I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm better than my friends (which is all the time of course) I take them to my place and show them just how good I am, points are meaningless when somebody who's never played "blah" before is able to kick your butt. But the gain would be, you don't have to spend as much time with your friends.

final analysis

Forget Wiiwins. They would be just as lame as the system itself.

~mucus (haven't played my wii in months)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: well actually a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in...