jos90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys!
I've just read some articles around the web and i found that to restore bricked wii it is necessary to have a gamecube controller. It is right?
I've started a "what if" topic to avoid any kind of issues that could bring mi Wii to a brick, so i was wondering: if my Wii, the new one called Family Wii (horizontal wii), would go in a brick state, there is any way that i can un-brick it without the gamecube controller? (Due to the lack of gamecube ports)

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you talking about a savemii dongle or whatever? That doesn't work in 100% of bricks and there's other ways for brick protection/brick restoration

wait what do gamecube controllers have to do with bricking?

jos90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe it will sounds like a noob question, but, isn't NAND restore related to the un-brick?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it will sounds like a noob question, but, isn't NAND restore related to the un-brick?

Uh yes but you need a vulnerable boot1 (pre-2009ish wiis i think) to install bootmii to boot2, it has nothing to do with gamecube controllers.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
A gamecube controller can be used to do the same thing as a savemii, which just brings the wii into recovery mode.

If you brick your new horizontal wii to any point that you can't fix it on your own then you'd have to send it to me or one of the other people capable of unbricking.

jos90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well guys, i'm glad to hear it and thank you for the further explanations, just needed to know something!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A gamecube controller can be used to do the same thing as a savemii, which just brings the wii into recovery mode.

If you brick your new horizontal wii to any point that you can't fix it on your own then you'd have to send it to me or one of the other people capable of unbricking.
Doesn't that depend on the type of the brick though? Unless he does something incredibly stupid, like getting rid of the System Menu or other vital IOS'es, which is hard considering that the manager informs you that they're NOT stub's, he can still use Preloader/Priiloader or BootMii IOS, right?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Just be sure to install Priiloader which lets you recover from many kinds of bricks. Also, using a patched system menu IOS with trucha enabled will help.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Doesn't that depend on the type of the brick though?

yes thats why he said

notice the bold part
Ah, I misread that - sorry. I'm kinda sleepy right now and I thought it said "if you brick your new horizontal Wii then you'd have to send it to me...", I totally missed the rest of the sentence lol.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yes thats why he said

notice the bold part
Ah, I misread that - sorry. I'm kinda sleepy right now and I thought it said "if you brick your new horizontal Wii then you'd have to send it to me...", I totally missed the rest of the sentence lol.

heh :P yes deadlyfoez wants all the horizontal wiis!!

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yes thats why he said

notice the bold part

heh :P yes deadlyfoez wants all the horizontal wiis!!
Not just horizontal, all of them!

So he can fix them.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo