Hardware What if i buy a 3DS over ebay?

Metab.

Check my signature for the latest news on the 3DS
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am planning to buy a 3DS gaming console from ebay.
It's from america, will that cause any regional issues for me? Or any setbacks in regards to games?
(I live in Australia)

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes. You will have to get all your games from the US. Aus's region is similar to Europe's. Long story short, you can only get your 3DS from Aus, NZ(?), and European countries if you want to buy 3DS games in Aus. It's sad. I know. We pay more for consoles AND for games *sigh*

I would not recommend getting a US 3DS. Even if you can ship games over, shipping will be quite a bitch and the amount you save will eventually be nullified.

Metab.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. You will have to get all your games from the US. Aus's region is similar to Europe's. Long story short, you can only get your 3DS from Aus, NZ(?), and European countries if you want to buy 3DS games in Aus. It's sad. I know. We pay more for consoles AND for games *sigh*

I would not recommend getting a US 3DS. Even if you can ship games over, shipping will be quite a bitch and the amount you save will eventually be nullified.
But if i also buy just Kingdom hearts and LOZ from america there shouldn't be an issue?
Or will the online store have issues as well?
Because i really dont have enough to buy a brand new one.

Metab.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you buy your (physical) games from the US, then you will be fine.

Not too sure about the e-shop. Sorry.
Thanks.
Hopfully someone knows the answer.
I dont mind if the eshop only shows US titles either.

Metab.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you buy your (physical) games from the US, then you will be fine.

Not too sure about the e-shop. Sorry.
sMdqKDM.png

^ Good to see my DS games wont have an issue.

So if i buy games that are in america they aren't considered to be in the 'PAL' region correct?

dark_angel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

With the strong Aussie dollar it's actually not too bad. I own a US 3ds and a $39.99USD game (Fire Emblem) cost me $47.04AUD(shipping included). With the way America is going I can see this going on for a while.

So if i buy games that are in america they aren't considered to be in the 'PAL' region correct?

Yes.

Metab.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
With the strong Aussie dollar it's actually not too bad. I own a US 3ds and a $39.99USD game (Fire Emblem) cost me $47.04AUD(shipping included). With the way America is going I can see this going on for a while.

Yes.
Well I ahve decided on getting a 3DS XL from Dicsmith
Since we live in aus wanna add my friend code when i get the console?
Would like to play some games with people from aus as my friends dont have a 3ds. ):

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb