What I can do in terms of Internet stuff

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SaitoKojima, Feb 6, 2010.

Feb 6, 2010
  1. SaitoKojima
    OP

Member SaitoKojima GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I know, sorry for making yet another thread like this.

Well, I finally decided on just getting a totally brand new Wii, since a friend of mine said he'll buy my old one for parts and such.

Now, I just soft-modded it and everything like the tutorials say and all.

I am wondering though, what online stuff can I still do, without it getting in trouble by Nintendo and stuff?

Like for example:

-Can I still play online with games such as Super Smash Bros Brawl, Tatsunoko VS Capcom, etc.?
    -Can I still buy things from the Wii Shop? (Can I still transfer my account and stuff from my old Wii to this new one?)
    -Can I still use the Internet Channel?
    -Can I still use the Forecast and News Channel?

Thanks in advance, everyone. [​IMG]

2. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Nintendo won't give a shit, just don't cheat online and don't blindly update. [​IMG]

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    -Can I still play online with games such as Super Smash Bros Brawl, Tatsunoko VS Capcom, etc.? Yes. As long as you don't cheat, you won't get banned.
    -Can I still buy things from the Wii Shop? (Can I still transfer my account and stuff from my old Wii to this new one?): Well, if you pirate, there's not much point in buying stuff off the Wii Shop when you can install the wads, unless you want to actually support developers. You need to use non-Nintendo updaters (such as the ones released by Waninkoko) to keep the most recent system menu to use the Shop Channel.
    -Can I still use the Internet Channel? Yes, I use it quite a bit
    -Can I still use the Forecast and News Channel? As far as I know, yes. I don't think they need updates to run. I hardly use them though. Even then, it's not a huge loss. Weather.com for weather, any type of news website (depending on your area) for news.

4. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    You can do every thing you can do with a perfectly legal Wii, you won't have any problems. Nintendo can't do anything about it.
    JUst don't cheat online, and especially don't update if you don't know what's going to happen.

5. SaitoKojima
    OP

Canada
    Thanks everyone.

I was wondering mostly about the Wii Shop stuff because I might call up Nintendo so they can transfer all my Shop Channel info from my old Wii to this new one.

So I can like, download stuff like MegaMan 9 and all that jazz.

6. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    I don't think they will transfer your data to another wii
    Cause you'd have the titles on both wii's

7. SaitoKojima
    OP

Canada
    What I mean is my account stuff.

Kinda like how with PS3 and 360, you can use all your Store/Marketplace stuff from one console to another. Get what I mean?