Hacking What homebrew projects would you like to see on the Wii?

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Now that the Homebrew Channel makes everything so convenient I expect to see a lot more homebrew in development for Wii. So far there are a bunch of great emulators, but not much else. What would you like to see? Personally, these are a few of the things I'd love:

*Media player with Wiimote support - I'm actually surprised this doesn't currently exist

*Quake 3! Surely the Wii could handle this or one of its modified source ports?

*Some sort of hack-and-slas/action-RPG/Diablo-esque game - Egoboo perhaps?

How about all of you?

Houda

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
A Wii Lemmings
tongue.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
ahh as they said another round on the merry go round (i know,i know...i started one too)

this is just the same topic disguised in another name

"if the wii had custom firmware....."

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, some awesome suggestions here! A PS1 emulator would be awesome like alot of people said.
Quake 2 will be made after Quake has been completed, and shouldn't take too long. Though Quake 3 will probably take too long for people to bother. Expect a lot of classic PC games to be ported also, like TF and Half-Life.

Osu! and Frets On Fire are also awesome ideas, I agree. Though Frets On Fire would take a lot of optimisation and such to move over. And obviously an ISO loader with region free capabilities would be awesome, though that will take a long time to appear.

Well, it's a long shot really, but the fact that Wiimotes use a Bluetooth connection means the detection settings can be hacked on the Wii surely? If possible, bluetooth devices could then interact with the Wii such as mobile phones. This obviously means file-streaming from the mobile phone and such. To be honest, it's a pointless feature, but I guess it's possible.

As for the WAD/VC streaming over SD and USB would be cool. A custom firmware would have to be created, where it saw the SD or USB device as part of the Wii memory though. That way channels and VC games on the devices would appear on the Wii dashboard somehow. Again, it would be extremely difficult to do, but it's possible.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
whats patchmii about?

i saw it too there but didnt really understand what will it do

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.