Gaming What have you been playing Recently?

Kurobon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SO I thought I'd start up a thread for everyone to share what they have been playing recently because thats what a communitys about right sharing?
gbasp.gif

Anyway I have been playing DQM: Joker ( Dragon Quest Monsters) which is a pretty good pokemon meets dragon quest kind of rpg the only draw back is I'm begging to hate the artists style who does the dragon quest games its the same faces and look alikes in every game
wacko.gif
different clothes different hair. and when it comes out I'm planning on playing SMT: strange journey (Shin Megami Tensei) what's everyone else playing these days?

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will randomly play Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story for a couple of level ups,though I beat the game already. I also start up Contra and play with my brother at times,fun game... and impossible.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm speeding through the very boring Zelda Phantom Hourglass at the moment... and sometimes swap over to Chrono Trigger for the fiftyleventh time... new super mario bros wii on wii, That's what keeping me busy these days
smile.gif

Kurobon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Issac said:
I'm speeding through the very boring Zelda Phantom Hourglass at the moment... and sometimes swap over to Chrono Trigger for the fiftyleventh time... new super mario bros wii on wii, That's what keeping me busy these days
smile.gif

whats so boring about it? I have yet to play it >.< I hear more and more people say it's not so awesome. Can't go wrong with Chrono Trigger (:

Posts merged

Bently said:
Sharing is caring
smile.gif

So many games ive recently played it might be too long to list
tongue.gif

at least list a few (4?) (:

Posts merged

cman1783 said:
Playing through Hotel Dusk for the first time (since I finally have my own DS; had to share with the kids for awhile). So far I like it alot.

I've heard a few things about hotel dusk some positive some negative.

Posts merged
cman1783 said:

QUOTE(.Darky @ Jan 11 2010, 03:48 PM) Phantasy Star Zero and Nostalgia. : )

I was really disappointed with Ps0 the archaic friend code thing is annoying nothing like Phantasy Star Online ):

Posts merged
Bently said:

QUOTE(omgpwn666 @ Jan 11 2010, 03:18 PM)
I will randomly play Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story for a couple of level ups,though I beat the game already. I also start up Contra and play with my brother at times,fun game... and impossible.

Contra's pretty awesome
biggrin.gif
I tend to steer away from Mario Rpg games, they seem..linear to me Is it any good?

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok uhm,

1. Flower, Sun and Rain: Endless Parks
2. New Super Mario Bros
3. Peggle Dual Shot
4. Tony Hawks American Sk8land
5. Avalon Code

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been playing old games lately.

1. avalon code
2. summon night: twin age
3. FFTA2
4. Luminous Arc 2

just old games.....
biggrin.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kurobon said:
omgpwn666 said:

Contra's pretty awesome
biggrin.gif
I tend to steer away from Mario Rpg games, they seem..linear to me Is it any good?

Superstar Saga and Partners in Time were pretty mediocre IMO, but Bowser's Inside Story was great. I suggest it.

Anyway, I'm not really playing much on my DS. Kinda in a game rut and I replaced all the contents of my SD card with anime (which I now have to delete and re-convert because the audio is out of sync). Odds are I'll play Sands of Destruction when it comes out, not sure what else though.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Kurobon said:
Issac said:
smile.gif

whats so boring about it? I have yet to play it >.< I hear more and more people say it's not so awesome. Can't go wrong with Chrono Trigger (:

I think the layout of the dungeons, the sailing from windwaker and the extremely small and contentless islands makes this zelda boring. returning to the same place over and over again, and have to replay that dungeon over and over and over again... I dunno... few items as well, and they all feel the same, probably due to the controlls, which I also dislike a lot... (I keep running into enemies cause my hand is too big and covers the screen from time to time :/

Could've been better, but it's alright and everyone should test it, since those are just my personal thoughts!

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PSO (just started playing again, and made a FOmar)
Star Wars Episode 3 (2d Star Wars ftw)
Lego Star Wars

to name a few

Really looking forward to RO, and Sands of Destruction, along with Glory of Heracles, just for some new RPG games.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devil Survivor(just gonna finish it for the first time)
Spirit Tracks
Phantasy Star 0
Megaman ZX Advent
Dementium: The Ward

Also looking forward to SoD and GoH this month.

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I am trying to finish:
FFIV
Phoenix Wright 3
Castlevania: Order Of Ecclesia

I am playing casually (I will give much more attentions to the games above):
Contra 4 (I finished it on easy and normal)
Modern Warfare: Mobilized (I am playing it with some friends)
Henry Hatsworth
Picross
Trauma Center
Megaman ZX
Mario and Luigi Partners in Time (I loved Superstar Saga and I love this one too but I don't have time to take it more seriously)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol