what hard drives you guys use for USB Loader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by xshinox, Jun 30, 2009.

1. xshinox
    OP

xshinox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2007
    United States
    soo what i want to know is for those that use USB Loader and hard drives, what type of hard drive do you use for it? do you use;

- ac adapter one where you need to play the adapter to a power outlet

or

- plug n play hard drive. no need for ac adapter.

-----------------

i want to get a plug n play one but i need to find a job first. i just want to know if anyone uses the plug n play kind, how well they work, and if they can recommend one to buy online.

2. alucard77

alucard77 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    I use the AC Adapter drive, but that is cause I thought that is what was needed. But it's great cause it has a fan which is very useful. In addition the drive never powers down unless I choose to shut it off. It sucks to get off the couch to turn it on and off, but thats no big deal.

3. scousethief

scousethief GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2006
    I finally got mine working , its one of those 2.5" cheap dealextreme caddies with a hitachi hard drive , works from 2 usb ports or 1 and a mains/usb lead. excellent.

4. Sir_Shaggy

Sir_Shaggy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
  5. Eclipse01

Eclipse01 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2009
    United States
    Eau Claire, WI
    I opted for a USB powered seagate 320gb for $79 rather then the AC powered 500gb for the same price.

I split it up and gave 180gb to my usb loader and the rest in fat32 for my PS3's music/videos.

6. xshinox
    OP

xshinox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2007
    United States
    wow, most of you guys use ac adapter one but Eclipse uses plug n play. where did you get yours Eclipse?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice