Hacking What happens when you power off the Vita or Vita TV

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I own the PSTV and pressing the power button on the back of the unit makes it power off (duh)
problem is, each time I turn it on again I get the set date and time settings screen prompting me to re-enter the date and time.

What gives!? Did my internal battery died already or it has always been dead?

I don't like putting my Consoles on rest mode either, so is there any way to modify my console so that It remembers my
date settings or is there anyway I can simply bypass this screen * without putting the vita in rest mode*

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just power down by selecting it after holding the playstation button. what's happening is normal if it's disconnected from the power. it happens to me when the power goes out at my house.

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSTV doesn't have a cell battery to save date/time.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyone else with a psvita tv?

I must be very late to the party on this one - it's like imagine if the PS4 prompted you to re-enter your date and time each time you power off your console.

Is there a a way to skip this screen than via hacks?

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The PSTV has no internal battery, if you unplug it from a wall it will no longer keep the time and it will ask to set it anew every time you power on the console

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if power disconnected with the ps4, it will scan internal storage in case something is corrupted. it sometimes happens with ps4 exploits.

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSTV has no internal battery, if you unplug it from a wall it will no longer keep the time and it will ask to set it anew every time you power on the console

That's the thing, I'm not disconnecting it . I just simply power it off via the button on the back or by holding down the home button and choosing power off option.

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
normal power off shouldn't do that. unplugging the power will though.

Oh oh , no .... hhmm...
Okay , btw I use a DS4 - if the ps vita is turned off ( not in rest mode) can you turn it on with the DS4?

EDIT: I wonder if my USB hub that I currently have connected to it has anything to do with my vita resetting my date and time each time I power it off.

Any one else with this issue?

Last edited by dragonz,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh oh , no .... hhmm...
Okay , btw I use a DS4 - if the ps vita is turned off ( not in rest mode) can you turn it on with the DS4?

no, you have to push the button on the back if you shut it down. this won't force you to input the time when you turn it back on, only when disconnecting the power or possibly holding down the button.

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you have to push the button on the back if you shut it down. this won't force you to input the time when you turn it back on, only when disconnecting the power or possibly holding down the button.
here are ppl posting about PS TV not retaining date/time when shutdown, looks like it's normal.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/68430023

New evidence - So I guess you have a very special version of PSvitatV - one that does have the ability to retain the settings when not powering it off.

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is normal if you interrupt the power. it's still receiving power if you just choose shutdown with the controller.

Okay- I'll go home and test tonight - once more - just to make sure I was not powering it via the back button.

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's only if the power is disconnected or interrupted that requires you to input that information.

You were right all along... I've tested it a few days and I haven't had to put the date anymore. Thanks , My guess is that I kept turning off my power surge before interrupting the power and I didn't notice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise