Gaming what happens when you get banned?

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my nephew may have been banned and want to tell you why I think that and see if it adds up.

His gamertag is still on the console but he can't log in.

When we try to reset his password it says her email is not valid.

When we look up his gamertag from another account is shows that he is an xbox live gold member.

He can still play minecraft but only offline.

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he got banned he didn't know or is lying. I just don't see why you would still be able to look up his gamer tag and it would say he was a gold member.

Customer support treated it like we just forgot the email. Wouldn't they just tell us the game tag was banned if it was?

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
I think my nephew may have been banned and want to tell you why I think that and see if it adds up.

His gamertag is still on the console but he can't log in.

When we try to reset his password it says her email is not valid.

When we look up his gamertag from another account is shows that he is an xbox live gold member.

He can still play minecraft but only offline.

ok then.

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They hack it and then change the email?

I say his and her because it's my sisters son. It's her email and his gamer tag

What can you do about getting hacked?

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They hack it and then change the email?

I say his and her because it's my sisters son. It's her email and his gamer tag

What can you do about getting hacked?
i said it sounds more like his account got hacked, because if a xbla account gets banned a message should popup when you try to login saying "this account has been banned" or some thing like that.

try calling microsoft to see what they can do.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is definitely not a ban - if it was, the system would inform you about the details of the suspension and its duration, see here:
bannedi.jpg
You can call Microsoft's hotline or send them an e-mail - that kind of stuff is usually sorted out by customer support.

Now, before you panic, double-check that the e-mail that was punched in was correct, check the e-mail inbox (changing passwords and/or registered e-mail accounts usually results in getting a confirmation message sent to the registered address), re-try resetting the password and if all else fails, call support.

Chances are that they'll notice something's off right off the bat purely on the basis of logon locations (just like Youtube finds it fishy whenever you log in abroad) and won't ask too many questions, or at least nothing that the rightful owner of the account wouldn't be able to answer.

I hope that you manage to resolve the situation and that no credit card info was in danger - if the account was tied with one, I suggest contacting the bank as well in case some illegitimate transactions were or will be made using it.

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh crap, yeah I think they only used pre-paid cards so they should be good.

I was online chat with customer support and they basically wouldn't do anything unless I provided the email. We are pretty sure we know the email as I had reset his password in the past when he could not remember it and wanted to log in at my house. We tried a few others and CS said they were all wrong.

I will get in contact with them again armed with this new info.

This sounds like what must have happened. We tried the email so many times it's ridiculous.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is definitely not a ban - if it was, the system would inform you about the details of the suspension and its duration, see here:
bannedi.jpg
You can call Microsoft's hotline or send them an e-mail - that kind of stuff is usually sorted out by customer support.

Now, before you panic, double-check that the e-mail that was punched in was correct, check the e-mail inbox (changing passwords and/or registered e-mail accounts usually results in getting a confirmation message sent to the registered address), re-try resetting the password and if all else fails, call support.

Chances are that they'll notice something's off right off the bat purely on the basis of logon locations (just like Youtube finds it fishy whenever you log in abroad) and won't ask too many questions, or at least nothing that the rightful owner of the account wouldn't be able to answer.

I hope that you manage to resolve the situation and that no credit card info was in danger - if the account was tied with one, I suggest contacting the bank as well in case some illegitimate transactions were or will be made using it.

My how kind are they, even when they ban someone they are still kind about it, 9999 its just 9 millenniums away, we can wait that long :)

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My how kind are they, even when they ban someone they are still kind about it, 9999 its just 9 millenniums away, we can wait that long :)
I know, right? It's probably a legal requirement (EULA, U.S Law, who knows?) for them to inform the user when the "suspension" ends since "suspensions" are finite, but it can be a good chuckle. :P

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about this, my sister may have tried to open her son an email and transfer the membership to that. If they did that and forgot or cant access the email is there anything that can be done like say revert to the older email.

If it isn't hacked and they just messed up I think his profile should still be on a cousins xbox. If it is he should be able to sign in and figure out the email.

My sister complains that the Xbox has been nothing but a PIA since they got it because of stuff like this.

Me, I am annoyed at auto log-ins, auto saving of payment information, not requiring a pass word at point of sale, and then refusing to refund un authorized purchases because of a lack of evidence that they were unauthorized.

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I checked his cousins consoles and his profile is not on them.

When I look up his gamer tag online it says he still has gold but my sister thinks it may actually be expired. My son says it will say gold even if it is expired.

When I look up his gamer tag on the console my son recognizes the games that have been played, there are no new games my cousin has not played.

I know he has changed his gamer tag. Would knowledge of previous gamer tags be enough for Microsoft to give us the email?

I can't think how he could have changed his password and got locked out of his home console if his profile is not on his cousins console. I guess if he reset it and changed the email to login on their console and they then deleted his profile?

I am starting to think he is just out of luck. His gold membership may be expired anyway

mrcant12

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I checked his cousins consoles and his profile is not on them.

When I look up his gamer tag online it says he still has gold but my sister thinks it may actually be expired. My son says it will say gold even if it is expired.

When I look up his gamer tag on the console my son recognizes the games that have been played, there are no new games my cousin has not played.

I know he has changed his gamer tag. Would knowledge of previous gamer tags be enough for Microsoft to give us the email?

I can't think how he could have changed his password and got locked out of his home console if his profile is not on his cousins console. I guess if he reset it and changed the email to login on their console and they then deleted his profile?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye I am going AMD this gen still debating 7900XT or XTX