what happens when you brick your psp?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by DarkWay, Mar 16, 2009.

Mar 16, 2009
  1. DarkWay
    OP

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    does this mean my psp is bricked? and if so how do I fix it?
    I know there are most likely other threads out there but my search function is being an ass and wont load anything

2. Blfdgfdghd

Banned Blfdgfdghd Banned

Canada
    pandora battery

3. DarkWay
    OP

United Kingdom
    I'm guessing that means yes my psp is bricked?

4. hvyarms13

Newcomer hvyarms13 Newbie

United States
    you turn on the psp (black screen) pop up, so you saw nothing right? the green light is on so yeah your pretty much brick your psp. To fix it be just to reinstall the custom firmware over again and if that dont work, try for a higher version. good luck =D

5. DarkWay
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks hvyarms13 will try it soon as I can also when install custom firmware is there anyparticular order I need to install to to get to the lastest CFW?

if I'm not mistaken 5.00 m33-6 is the latest right?

6. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Doesn't necessarily mean you're bricked...the same thing happens if you have the TM IPL set up on your MS and accidentally delete it...of course you'd need to be on 3.90 M33 or above for this to be the case, and the battery itself already a Pandora, but your description itself doesn't make it a definite brick.

7. DarkWay
    OP

United Kingdom
    ok now you've confused me if that is the problem is it fixable? and by MS I presume you mean memory stick

oh and off topic I love your avatar [​IMG] its so cute haha

8. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States
    Chances are it's a brick. I think as of recently you can just install the latest CFW, You dont have to start at one and work your way up ( 3.80 to 4.0 to 5.0) I think you can just install 5.00.

9. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Do you CFW your PSP yourself? Was the battery to your knowledge left as a Pandora. Since the advent of the Multi IPL there was no need to undo a Pandora battery so long as a certain boot partition was left on the Memory Stick. If the stick got a little corrupted, or was formatted, the battery just behaves like a Pandora and does what you describe. Without knowing what you've done recently, and your PSP history it's impossible to tell, but i was just disagreeing with the incorrect assertion that it was definitely a brick.

Simplest way to tell is to take the battery out and then plug it into the AC adapter. If it still doesn't work it's bricked.

Can you access your recovery Menu by holding the R shoulder button when you turn the PSP on? If so get this and read the readme to re-flash a CFW the painless way. If you just want to get to the latest you'll only need the official 5.00 eboot for that tool to work (here)

Oh, and thanks....he is kind of cute.... [​IMG]

10. dajavax

Member dajavax GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    in an easy way... that happens when you have a pandora battery in your psp and you don't have a magic memory stick in your psp... use your normal battery... if you have one... or make your magic memory stick again... and if it's not that and it's bricked... then just reinstall custom firmware...