Hacking What happens when the system battery is gone in AutoRCM?

skydancer93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have SX OS and I am curious because I want to take this with me on a trip, what happens when the battery dies while you have auto RCM enabled? Can I just charge it with the adapter as normal or how does this work?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can charge it normally while it's in RCM, but it's going to be a very slow charge. I don't recommend letting it die, and you should charge it while it's in sleep mode instead.

D

Deleted-442439

I have SX OS and I am curious because I want to take this with me on a trip, what happens when the battery dies while you have auto RCM enabled? Can I just charge it with the adapter as normal or how does this work?

Normally if the battery is completely dead:

> Inject a payload
> Launch into Horizon
> Let it charge

It will hardly charge in RCM mode, and the PD controller has been known to lockup completely in some cases, causing the Switch to be unbootable. To fix this you will need to unplug and then replug the battery.

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Whilst im here quick simple question..

If i either hold power for 20 secs to hard power down, or power down from menu.
Console is of right ? AutoRcm not even running.
But soon as i hit that power button then rcm comes on obviously ??

Cause i always Powerdown.

Thanks

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Whilst im here quick simple question..

If i either hold power for 20 secs to hard power down, or power down from menu.
Console is of right ? AutoRcm not even running.
But soon as i hit that power button then rcm comes on obviously ??

Cause i always Powerdown.

Thanks
If you try powering off from Horizon, you still might enter RCM. Powering off the system from something like Hekate should work.

Reactions: Canna

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you try powering off from Horizon, you still might enter RCM. Powering off the system from something like Hekate should work.

Why would i enter rcm ? Console is off.
Rcm is enabled once on

If you could explain or point me to offical rcm/autorcm thread
Thank you

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will need to be charged for over 4-6 hours before being able to boot back up. I know from experience. Very frustrating... it will show no signs of life, not even a led display to show charging!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would i enter rcm ? Console is off.
Rcm is enabled once on

If you could explain or point me to offical rcm/autorcm thread
Thank you
If you power off the system from Horizon, AutoRCM will prevent it from actually powering off, and it will enter RCM instead. If you want to power off the system without holding the power button for a prolonged period of time, you need to power off the system from something like Hekate instead.

Reactions: Canna

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you power off the system from Horizon, AutoRCM will prevent it from actually powering off, and it will enter RCM instead. If you want to power off the system without holding the power button for a prolonged period of time, you need to power off the system from something like Hekate instead.

Wow is that so....
So Power off via horizon is back to auto rcm, how fcking shitty is that.
Isn't there a work around or they going to fix that or change that ??

I would of thought horizon would goto instant power off like holding the power button would do

But hey man thanks for the info Il remember to hold the power off down before travels...

Any Auto rcm manuals, main threads details etc you could link me to please

and thanks for the information

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't something that can be changed. AutoRCM is just the subtle brick of the BOOT0/1 partitions.
Well thank you... I know it bricks the boot to get into rcm i just did not no the whole power stuff but again thanks

There is no "official autorcm thread".
how about rcm thread then or info cheers

Infact il google it nevermind

Last edited by Canna,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What info? What thread? What is there not to understand about it? It's automatic recovery mode, hard power down your switch or keep it in sleep mode, or else screw your battery, but have no need for a jig anymore. Pretty sure there's plenty of information on this already on the temp, you just weren't patient enough to search for it.

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What info? What thread? What is there not to understand about it? It's automatic recovery mode, hard power down your switch or keep it in sleep mode, or else screw your battery, but have no need for a jig anymore. Pretty sure there's plenty of information on this already on the temp, you just weren't patient enough to search for it.

Dont get smart with me Sir
I understand the no info for auto rcm and have read the replies.
I was asking for info on rcm in general but i thought i can look that up myself..
were here to help eachother right ?
Not be a jerk...

Patient lol Gfys

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Wow is that so....
So Power off via horizon is back to auto rcm, how fcking shitty is that.
Isn't there a work around or they going to fix that or change that ??

I have a trinket install and the way it works is if you power down from horizon (hold power until it gives you the turn off option, select it) it will turn off, then the switch will turn off, then for mysterious acts of god, the trinket powers the unit back on, you'll get to see the bootlogo.bmp ...then after a few sections it auto powers off. The "fix" is simply to enable auto-boot. I do not know how it works, but it does work fine. I never have a problem.

Unsure as to the behavior with non-internal chip installs.

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a trinket install and the way it works is if you power down from horizon (hold power until it gives you the turn off option, select it) it will turn off, then the switch will turn off, then for mysterious acts of god, the trinket powers the unit back on, you'll get to see the bootlogo.bmp ...then after a few sections it auto powers off. The "fix" is simply to enable auto-boot. I do not know how it works, but it does work fine. I never have a problem.

Unsure as to the behavior with non-internal chip installs.

thanks for reply but im using external which i remove after payload sent

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It will need to be charged for over 4-6 hours before being able to boot back up. I know from experience. Very frustrating... it will show no signs of life, not even a led display to show charging!

This had happened to me before i did any hacks, i let my switch over die in sleep mode. Tried to turn it back on wont turn on. Had to charge it for nearly 6 hours to get it back up to 2%. Then i was able to turn it on and charge it normally.

And all that before actuallly applying any hacks whatsoever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/gnXkwfS got this because it shows v draws also